Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
11-11-2014, 05:47 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cxdoo Quote
Hm, I'm not clear about that. I rarely use flash these days, and if I decide I need to, I use external one.
It comes in handy sometimes, but I wouldn't mind a flashless, compact DSLR as a walkaround body to be used with pancakes.
I misread your post and agree that removal of a built-in flash can save some space. I suppose a tiny source of light may have its use but I would prefer an external.

11-11-2014, 06:54 AM - 1 Like   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
I like the pancakes. I use a hand strap on the right side of the camera which makes it easy to shoot one handed when I have a small lens on.
Like this:
Cool, is that like a half frame camera where you hold the camera horizontally and get vertical photos?
11-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
Cool, is that like a half frame camera where you hold the camera horizontally and get vertical photos?
I believe the camera saw the lady, got confused and shoot a in portrait mode!
Nice eye, BTW!
11-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
Exactly!
Seriously though the lens is DA21 so very wide - there was a homeless gentleman to the left.
I try very hard to not show children and homeless in my shots out of respect so sometimes have to crop.
Unavoidable sometimes so they may appear if the shot is a keeper.

Actually I believe this shot was a special version for a contest here. It may show the entire field on my street flickr.

---------- Post added 11-11-14 at 07:50 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
I believe the camera saw the lady, got confused and shoot a in portrait mode!
Nice eye, BTW!
Haha most common is where it gets confused and turns a color shot into black and white, or use a square format.
Like this.

Last edited by crewl1; 11-11-2014 at 09:14 AM.