Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Vivitar Series 1 90mm vs 105mm

Another have both of these lenses can shed some light on how they compare? Are the pictures they produce the same except the focal length is different?

Thanks for the info

05-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
Igilligan

I think I have the ones you are asking about...

QuoteOriginally posted by Okami Quote
Another have both of these lenses can shed some light on how they compare? Are the pictures they produce the same except the focal length is different?

Thanks for the info
I have both but... My 90mm is the M42 screwmount version with the matching macro adaptor. It is not an "A" lens so it does not meter like the 'A" 105.

It is a work of art... A beautiful design with the matching macro adaptor also having a tripod collar on it... here is a google/wikipedia image of it

I find the 105 to be more usable... just because you can go from macro to infinity without having to pull the macro adaptor off. And I do like 'A' metering.

But for straight up macro, the Series 1 90mm is a really sharp lens. And with out the macro adaptor is a tack sharp 90mm prime

Both are great. There I said it....