Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by promacjoe Quote
I have two Kenko Teleconverters That I carry, a 1.5 and a 2x, mainly for an 80-200 F2.8. Although, If the conditions are right both converters can be used on that lens, I only use the 1.5x with that lens, When I have no other choice. Sigma makes one that is designed for that type of lens.

Have fun with your new toy. And don't pay any attention to those who say it is not sharp at wide open aperture. Used correctly, it is a extremely sharp lens.
Thanks. Sigma's website specifies that their teleconverter will not work on the Pentax model. No reason stated. Perhaps its like the lens not having OS (which it does) and they are just wrong?

12-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Thanks. Sigma's website specifies that their teleconverter will not work on the Pentax model. No reason stated. Perhaps its like the lens not having OS (which it does) and they are just wrong?
I have not seen the Sigma website information, I was going by the B&H website for that particular lens, When I bought it, it stated that the Sigma Converter was compatible with that lens. Note: B&H has revise there website, It now states that this lens is not compatible with the Sigma tele-converter. however, I have used my Kenko 1.5 tele-converter With the Sigma 150-500, with good results. although it is not something that I like to do.

PS, I have a K3. And the autofocusing capabilities of the K-3 is better than any of the other Pentax cameras. They maybe placing that disclaimer on the website for those cameras with focus capabilities that are not up to par with the K-3.

Last edited by promacjoe; 12-05-2014 at 07:03 PM.
12-05-2014, 07:29 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by promacjoe Quote
Sigma makes one that is designed for that type of lens.
Not in K-mount. Sigma no longer makes a 1.4x or 2x converter for Pentax. The 1.4x had a protruding front element and did not have HSM. The front element may not have been a problem, but the lack of HSM is.