Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I have been taking everything in and just pulled the trigger on the K3 and a 21mm limited hd. im excited and very thankful for all you insight. I may get the 20-40 limited or the sigma or tamron 17-50 f2.8 for travel with the kids. Im happy after a ton of research after having everything from nikon, fuji, and sony. had nikon forever. Went mirrorless twice.

I did look at the sigma 18-35 1.8. But I will wait.

01-10-2015, 08:22 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tfe691 Quote
I have been taking everything in and just pulled the trigger on the K3 and a 21mm limited hd. im excited and very thankful for all you insight. I may get the 20-40 limited or the sigma or tamron 17-50 f2.8 for travel with the kids. Im happy after a ton of research after having everything from nikon, fuji, and sony. had nikon forever. Went mirrorless twice.

I did look at the sigma 18-35 1.8. But I will wait.
You made a great choice! I found this thread after you bought your lens and camera, but this is what I would have recommended for starters. The only issue you will face having the DA21 it is going to make you want more of them. I got mine as, like new used SMC versions which could be bought for reasonable prices. Along with the 21, I acquired over several years time the DA 15, 35 macro and 70 limiteds. The screwdrive autofocus on the K-3 is not objectionable with these small lenses as it would be with something like the 55 - 300. Since I got all the limited primes I want, it precludes me looking at the 20 - 40 limited zoom but I would imagine that is a nice lens as well. I am happy with what I have. FYI there is also a 100 mm limited even though it is not labeled as such. That is the DFA 100 mm Macro WR. With these I have a can do all kit with the exception of only very long telephoto and it is a very compact kit as well.