Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I had that one and my K200/2.5 on my finalist list. I posted the the 35/3.5 but I'm still wavering.What are you saying!!!??
I now supplement my Pentax DSLRs and stable of lenses with a Sony A6000 for which I have a PK adapter and some E mount lenses. It is APS-C.

I suspect the SMC K135 will still see some time on the DSLR bodies as well. It is amazingly compact compared to the DA* zoom which has replaced it.

12-26-2016, 10:32 AM - 1 Like   #62
Forum Member

I had great fun reading all the entries in this thread - now two years after the topic was hot :-)<br />
<br />
Coming back to Pentax after decades of dark arts cameras - DSLR and SLR's of a large competing brand - via an old Asahi Pentax K2 I'm now totally in love with my Pentax cameras and lenses.<br />
<br />
Originally I started out my love of photography after admiring my father's M42- and later K-mount Asahi Pentax cameras. So when the money was there I got a brand new K2 DMD.<br />
<br />
For some unfathomable reason, I sold it and my 50 &amp; 200 mm and bought a Nikon F2A with some lenses. And regretted it instantly: it was like parting ways with a Porsche to by a diesel front hauler.<br />
<br />
Now I'm back with Pentax, and loving every second of the ride.<br />
<br />
Of course I got me some K-lenses (never really liked the M-cameras and -lenses) and I use them every day on my K2 and K-3 II.<br />
<br />
My favorites so far are:<br />
K 24mm F2.8 - perfect focal length for street photography on the K-3 II and such a beautiful BW rendering.<br />
K 30mm F2.8 - superb normal lens on the K-3 II and a superb moderate wide angle for the K2<br />
K 50mm F1.4 - I enjoy everything from sharpness to bokeh, from micro contrast and rendition of shadows to high light treatment about this one. I dreamt of this lens back when I bought my first camera ... justifiably, I now know.<br />
<br />
In my arsenal I also have another wet dream of mine, the SMC Pentax K 105 mm F2.8 - haven't used it much, but it's a fine piece of glass, I can tell. Recently I got a SMC Pentax K 28 mm F3.5 - haven't used it yet. The SMC Pentax K 200 F4.0 is back with me (I do have some M-lenses as well along with an Asahi Pentax MX, but I don't use them), so I guess I just need to find a nice copy of my old love: the Asahi Pentax K2 DMD ... and the money to pay for it. Could sell my Nikon D810 I suppose: I don't use it anymore ...

Oh - and how I'd love to have an SMC Pentax K 28 mm F2.0!!! And a 20 mm ... Well, Santa, now you know what's up for 2017.

Last edited by STES; 12-26-2016 at 10:39 AM.
12-30-2016, 04:11 PM   #63

Used to own a lot of classic Pentax lenses but my favorite would have to be the A* 85/1.4
12-31-2016, 01:34 AM   #64
npc
Veteran Member

Tough question - practically all K-mount lenses are legacy now with the release of KAF4

12-31-2016, 07:30 AM - 1 Like   #65
Veteran Member

I'd modify my answer a bit since using the K1. My favorite legacy (to me that means a lens not in production during the digital era) is now the M20/4, followed by the A400. The SMC K135/2.5 still gets its duty time, but the M20 is such a sweet little lens on full frame it never leaves the bag.