Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
Forum Member

Vivitar 90-180mm flat field macro

I have always read and saw images using this lens, but I shot one today for the first time.

Not as sharp wide open as a 90~100mm type macro. But this is a ZOOM.
BUT 90-180mm zoom is VERY nice.
Tripod adaper will be nice with a monopod.

Color and contrast are like other Series 1 lenses.... Amazing!

I was worried because it is not an A lens. But hitting the green button is not a big deal with Macro work.

Here is a handheld K20D shot

05-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice color indeed. Remember a friend having this lens in Olympus OM mount. He always like it. Wish I had bought this lens along with one of the solid cat mirror lenses when they made them. Vivitar was on a roll then. How about a pic of the lens sometime.
thanks
barondla

Enter POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #7 in the P&S forum. Any camera type except slr. Any brand. Any subject.
05-25-2008, 05:21 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot! I have this lens lounging away in my lens drawer. I've been procrastinating about doing the necessary surgery to make it work with my K10.
05-25-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
D W
Veteran Member

This was the sharpest zoom lens tested by Mordern Photography when it came out way back.
Instead of stopping down using the green button to metere , I metre wide open at 4.5 and manually calculate/adjust the exposure to my setting at 8 or 11. I find this gives better exposure than the green button.

TaoMaas:
Like the old Nike slogan: Just do it! you will enjoy it more on your camera than having the lens in your drawer.