Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2008, 06:42 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Special Request -- DA 55-300 Test Shots, any takers?

I have sorta a special request that I'm hoping someone can help me with.
----

Right now I'm really torn between buying one of three lenses: The 55-300, the 50-135 or the upcoming 60-250mm. I'm really torn because all offer one advantage or another.

Unfortunately, I can't really find any firm reviews on the 55-300, so I was wondering if someone could post a few test images? Not just any images, though.

------

It would be great if the following could be posted with no post processing:

1) A shot of something like a street sign or other detailed object at around 200mm, wide open
2) A shot of the same street sign or object at 300mm, wide open.
2b) A shot of that same scene at 55mm, just for reference's sake
3) These shots uploaded to flickr, picasa or whatever at full size.

Of course if nobody wants to do this, that's fine

From what I've seen, the lens is producing some great shots, but the shots I've seen have been post-processed. Having some test-type shots taken wide open at 200/300 would be a great way for people to gauge what sort of sharpness they're dealing with, contrast etc. I know, for instance, there is a definite difference between my non-processed shots and processed ones on any lens I use, in certain cases.

A HUGE thanks if anyone does this -- I'll write a poem in your honor!