Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2014, 07:18 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What does an Amazon acceptable grade LTD lens look like?

Amazon warehouse description for my DA 40mm f2.8 Limited:

"Condition: Used - Acceptable - Item will come repackaged. Cosmetic imperfection(s) 1" or bigger on front of item. Small (less than 1/4" x 1/4") cosmetic imperfection on top of item. Small scratches on sides of item (up to 1/2 in.). Small scratches on back of item (up to 1/2 in.). Accessories have cosmetic damage."

Price was $198, with a 10% promo discount for a total of $178.
Purchased on Monday, delivered on Wednesday.
The only imperfections I can see are mostly on the lens cap (pretty roughed up) and a few small scrapes on the hood, with a few tiny spots of paint missing on the focus ring.
It works perfectly.
I like my XS version, but love the Limited edition, it's my first, and most likely the only one I will own or can afford.

Passing this on in case someone else wants to take a chance on one of their warehouse sales.
Refunds are easy, so not really taking a chance either.

First pic with it, the others with my MX-1

12-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations! Glad someone took advantage of that combination of Warehouse and 10%! I've only had one clunker from Amazon Warehouse, all my other purchases have been surprisingly good. Welcome to the Limited Club!
12-26-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Congrats. You are going to enjoy that lens
12-26-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks good, a great little lens. I trust you will enjoy it. as much as I enjoy mine.