Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2008, 02:55 AM   #1

How many people are still waiting on the DA 55-300mm

from Adorama? It's seems like it's been on back order for ages. I'm getting frustrated with the waiting game. Anyone know when stores are supposed to get stock in?

05-26-2008, 03:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AML Quote
... Anyone know when stores are supposed to get stock in?
Sure! Some Pentax people do
05-26-2008, 03:14 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hmmmm ... out of stock, you say? I ordered mine last Tuesday and it was delivered Friday, but not through Adorama. I guess some places have them.
05-26-2008, 09:06 AM   #4
Adorama Camera Representative

DA 55-300mm

from Adorama? It's seems like it's been on back order for ages. I'm getting frustrated with the waiting game. Anyone know when stores are supposed to get stock in?
Hi

I just got Fred (one of our Adorama's best sales' guys) to check with the Adorama Pentax buyer - who informed him that it is currently on back-order at the Pentax distributor, too.

I am truly sorry that we can't give any further information at this time - as we are in the hands of the manufacturer, too.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com.

Sincerely

Helen Oster

Adorama Camera Customer Ambassador

05-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Adorama's probably out of stock because they're $50 cheaper! than any other place I can find.
05-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I managed to get one here in the UK last week, very pleased with it - it has the best qualities of the Sigma/Tamron versions in one package, albeit slightly more expensive but well worth IMHO

simon
05-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #7
Forum Member

Yes, I'm another sucker waiting for a 55-300 from Adorama; placed the order just last Thursday, so haven't had time to get frustrated yet.

Other than Amazon, does anyone else have it in stock right now? I don't think you can needle Adorama, when it looks like the supply from Pentax is so limited.
05-26-2008, 08:57 PM   #8
Veteran Member

i wouldnt be saying amazon has it in stock....to get the sweet amazon price point, when added to your cart you get "usually ships in 3 to 6 weeks"

which is a nice way of telling me...they don't have it in stock

i know i could get it now in NYC for 400. but i don't want the lens that bad just now.....next time i could use it, july @ the national zoo in DC...but i may just rent the 300 * for that event. which could be disastrous......

06-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jmdeegan Quote
i wouldnt be saying amazon has it in stock....to get the sweet amazon price point, when added to your cart you get "usually ships in 3 to 6 weeks"
Interesting: yesterday Adorama emailed me, nicely apologizing for the delay, promising no ship date, and suggesting that I might want to cancel or switch to some other lens that they do have in stock. I cynically figured that they recently heard that their cost would be higher than they'd expected, so they wanted to back out of the deal.

Then today I get a UPS Shipment notice! And Adorama's "back ordered" notice on the lens has been removed. So they clearly got a few from Pentax. And their price has not changed; it's still $349. My cynicism was unwarranted.

Also, Amazon now shows their price upfront, and it's "In Stock", and the price matches Adorama exactly (except the $12.95 shipping cost)... because it "Ships from and sold by Adorama Camera."!

My fingers are crossed, that this batch is as good as the first batch!
06-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #10
AML

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by infosyn Quote
Interesting: yesterday Adorama emailed me, nicely apologizing for the delay, promising no ship date, and suggesting that I might want to cancel or switch to some other lens that they do have in stock. I cynically figured that they recently heard that their cost would be higher than they'd expected, so they wanted to back out of the deal.

Then today I get a UPS Shipment notice! And Adorama's "back ordered" notice on the lens has been removed. So they clearly got a few from Pentax. And their price has not changed; it's still $349. My cynicism was unwarranted.

Also, Amazon now shows their price upfront, and it's "In Stock", and the price matches Adorama exactly (except the $12.95 shipping cost)... because it "Ships from and sold by Adorama Camera."!

My fingers are crossed, that this batch is as good as the first batch!
I received the same email a few days ago. This morning i woke and noticed i had received a shipping dispatch email from Adorama. My DA55-300mm is finally heading my way....Can't wait...Woohoo!! The wait has definitely been worth it for me. By buying from Adorama instead of in Oz has saved me about $200

infosyn, i have everything crossed about getting good copies too!

Last edited by AML; 06-06-2008 at 05:23 PM.
06-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #11
Site Supporter

stock must be trickling in...

I received the same email a few days ago. This morning i woke and noticed i had received a shipping dispatch email from Adorama. My DA55-300mm is finally heading my way....Can't wait...Woohoo!! The wait has definitely been worth it for me. By buying from Adorama instead of in Oz has saved me about $200

infosyn, i have everything crossed about getting good copies too!
just got confirmation that amazon shipped mine!
can't wait!
06-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Nice work Anne ... looking foward to seeing some of your images when you get it.
06-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I ordered mine from Calumet for $329.99 on 5/16. I was told by a customer service rep that their ETA is 7/15. My order confirmation says anticipated ship date is 2-3 weeks. Who knows when it'll show, but I'm not in a hurry. I was very happy with the price.
06-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #14
AML

Original Poster
Congrats opiedog. Obviously you will be receiving your lens before me, i'd love too see some pics when you get your's.
06-06-2008, 06:19 PM   #15
AML

Original Poster
Thanks Simon. I've been putting off a trip to the zoo for about a month because i have no zoom lens atm. Now i just need our weather to fine up when the lens arrives.