Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2008, 06:18 AM   #1
Forum Member

Cheap PKA Tamron Adaptall?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Does anybody know if this can be a cheap substitute for a tamron PKA adapter?
Tamron Adaptall-2 Custom Mount Ricoh P Lens Adapter - eBay Adapters Mounts, Lens Accessories, Lenses Filters, Cameras Photo. (end time 18-May-08 11:30:38 AEST)

the pka adapter sells for about 70-90 on ebay which frankly I think is quite ridiculous.

obviously this adapter isnt so useful if it doesnt have the "A" functions

05-26-2008, 06:36 AM   #2
clm

It will only work as a PK adapter, and if you have bad luck it might get stuck on the camera.
05-26-2008, 06:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I got a few Adaptall-2 m42 i might part with.
05-26-2008, 07:19 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I wish Tamron would start selling these things again. I ended up paying a ~$125 (through buy-now) or so because I got sick of waiting for a better deal.

I just picked up my second adaptall-2 lens over the weekend - I think I'll suffer with manual aperture on that one... :-( (Yes, I'm lazy and don't want to always switch adapters every time I use a different adaptall lens)

05-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
cool, thanks for the replys guys - is the reason the PKA adapter so expensive is that basically all old tamron lenses are now being used primarily in the pentax format rather than the nikon/canon etc?

Looking at the tamron adaptall site - there arent many lenses which justify the purchase of a $100 adapter? 300mm f2.8 of course - there are only about 5 others?

Or am I wrong? are people spending $100 on an adapter to put on a $10 80-200mm f4.5-5.6 tamron lens???
05-26-2008, 08:47 AM   #6
Inactive Account

I bought it for the 300mm f/2.8.. The lens came with a PK adapter which I'm using on the 135mm f/2.5 I just got.

My guess is that resellers know 'we' have no options when it comes to wanting auto-aperture with those adaptall lenses... So, they happily take all the money they can get from us. :-(
05-26-2008, 09:03 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
im not sure thats true because in $1 auctions, they ALWAYS go to $70+ anyways; therefore that is the price that the market is dictating, not the resellers.

There are resellers however who are charging $150+, these sellers are obviously price gauging.

I myself am trying to get one for a 70-150 f2.8 I got cheap, but now If I factor in the PKA adapter, it doesnt end up being so cheap

Also, anyone know the price difference on the PKA vs PK adapter when they were new?

05-26-2008, 09:08 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

These are just too expensive now.
The digital crowd must have discovered Tamron.

Tamron lenses are good but not that good.
I'd rather put that extra $100 towards a SMC Pentax -A lens...

Chris