Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2007, 12:04 AM   #31
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Would a DS2 do?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-05-2007, 12:51 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Hehe

QuoteOriginally posted by Wethphotography Quote
There is another FA* 28-70 f2.8 for sale on ebay for those who are so inspired by Adam's photographs.
eBay: Pentax FA* 28-70mm F2.8 AL Zoom Lens fits K10D, K100D (item 330083873298 end time Feb-11-07 21:00:00 PST)
Maybe it is time to call the bank about a line of credit!
I am onto it already. Hopefully not going too high. Too many good lenses being put on ebay lately. Too hard to keep the trackings of them!
02-06-2007, 07:26 PM   #33
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
All the rare lens auctions end up being sniped, so never rely on the price currently shown

Anyway, I think my 2 FA*'s just cured my LBA! I seriously don't want any more lenses...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #34
Forum Member

Any ideas on how this lens would fit on a K100D Super? Wouldn't the body look too smallish?

And oh, is this a good beginner's lens (over the 18-55mm kit lens)?

11-20-2007, 06:34 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mazdamazda Quote
Any ideas on how this lens would fit on a K100D Super? Wouldn't the body look too smallish?

And oh, is this a good beginner's lens (over the 18-55mm kit lens)?
Well, sure. If you can find one. And afford one.
11-20-2007, 10:30 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
this lens is an incredibly expensive, out-of-production ( ) wonder of modern lens design. it's digital equivilant (at least in marketing terms, if not actual performance) is the new DA* 16-50 that runs about 900 USD.
11-20-2007, 11:37 PM   #37
Inactive Account

That lens looks pretty cool but I think I'll be getting the Da Star lenses for their internal focus ability and weather resistance. I'm sure those Fa Star lenses are built like tanks but they'd quickly get damaged in the rain and for the price that'd kill me. I also learned my lesson on my recent trrip to New Zealand where I took my KM7D and 28-135mm lens as the main kit. Awesome lens but a real heavy weight. With that all hanging from your neck on a long hike up Mt Cook you're asking for back issues. One of the main issues for going Pentax for me was to keep the weight down and keep the nice colours. Pentax kit does that well in APS-C. By the way your pictures are always great and the Fa Star 28-70mm certainly has those great colours.

Tim H
11-20-2007, 11:50 PM   #38
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
Well, sure. If you can find one. And afford one.
Arghh... after confirming with the seller... it's the f4 not the f2.8! Sorry for the mix-up guys.

:ugh:

11-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #39
Veteran Member

I hate to be a nasty and throw wrench in the works and probably chancing expulsion but,

The colour may be nice and the bokeh might be nice etc etc. I'm looking for more clarity and sharpness and it isn't there. With a lense everyone is hyping-up I expect I would be able to see the pores on that lemon. Where is it?