Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
while this might seem like a smart response, please do not take it that way.
Hell no. Useful tip.

It's a thought to be sure. I'm actually starting a new thread about glasses wearing having been to have my eyes tested. My optician did not know the answer to my question so am asking it on the forum for the cognoscenti to answer.

03-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Bramela: I bought a $29 Jinfinance Diagonal split Prism and highly recommend it. But, more importantly, I picked up a KPS 1.32 magnifying eyepiece which makes manual focusing a joy. I owned the Pentax O-ME53 Magnifying Eyecup for several months, but it really did not do much for me.

Then, I was lucky enough to bump into another forum member's thread here which discussed the joys of the KPS eyepiece in depth. It was a good deal more than the Pentax, but I find it worth every penny. It doesn't just magnify more, but seems to give a clearer view as well. There is still a live thread on this accessory on the board. Good luck!
03-31-2010, 08:24 AM   #18
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Bramela: I bought a $29 Jinfinance Diagonal split Prism and highly recommend it. But, more importantly, I picked up a KPS 1.32 magnifying eyepiece which makes manual focusing a joy. I owned the Pentax O-ME53 Magnifying Eyecup for several months, but it really did not do much for me.

Then, I was lucky enough to bump into another forum member's thread here which discussed the joys of the KPS eyepiece in depth. It was a good deal more than the Pentax, but I find it worth every penny. It doesn't just magnify more, but seems to give a clearer view as well. There is still a live thread on this accessory on the board. Good luck!
I can't find the KPS thread.
03-31-2010, 09:58 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Here it is: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/camera-studio-accessories/46695-kps-1-3x-...yepiece-9.html

03-31-2010, 11:50 AM   #20
Ira
Inactive Account

thanks!!!!!!
03-31-2010, 05:39 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
thanks!!!!!!
I think the Tenpa is better. >>> http://www.tenpa.us/en/index.htm
03-31-2010, 08:48 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I use the Pentax magnifier and it helped me.

In difficult situations (like when my eyes get tired), I also try the following:

- kind of focus back and forth with smaller and smaller twists to converge vs the sweet spot
- use burst mode while focusing in and out around what I feel is the proper focus

Most of the time I focus on objects that are off-center, so this is why I didn't go for a split image focusing screen.
04-01-2010, 04:52 AM   #23
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I think the Tenpa is better. >>> http://www.tenpa.us/en/index.htm
Where can you get this in the states?

04-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Where can you get this in the states?
I'm not sure if there's a local seller in the states. I haven't really checked every seller on eBay or any other independent online store that are much closer, but I ordered mine on eBay from a seller in China for a cheaper price. although it would take more than a week or 2 before it had arrived in my doorstep. I think you can arrange the shipping option with the seller if you want something faster. maybe add $20 I think depending on the courier. I don't recommend UPS.
04-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #25
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I'm not sure if there's a local seller in the states. I haven't really checked every seller on eBay or any other independent online store that are much closer, but I ordered mine on eBay from a seller in China for a cheaper price. although it would take more than a week or 2 before it had arrived in my doorstep. I think you can arrange the shipping option with the seller if you want something faster. maybe add $20 I think depending on the courier. I don't recommend UPS.
Think I'll hit eBay tonight and pull the trigger if I find it. Using all of my old manual glass, it's well worth it to try more than one if the first one doesn't satisfy, but I'll start with this one.
04-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Think I'll hit eBay tonight and pull the trigger if I find it. Using all of my old manual glass, it's well worth it to try more than one if the first one doesn't satisfy, but I'll start with this one.
I think that the Tenpa is made out of really good glass and fits perfectly. the only issue that you may find uncomfortable about it is that it can obstruct your view on the corners of the square VF. it still shows 100% of the scene( I think), but you have really put your eye closer against the VF which can be uncomfortable. if you don't mind the vignetted view or you just want to concentrate on the center part of the scene, you don't have to put your eye closer on the VF and just look and adjust your viewing top to bottom/left to right for composition. atleast it works for me.
also to be noted that the info shows on the VF but you need to readjust your viewing level inorder to see it.
05-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #27
Inactive Account

I have the O-ME53 and a split+microprism focusing screen. This set-up makes MF a snap. As a previous poster mentioned, there is vignetting, but it's a not a deal killer.