Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-07-2016, 04:02 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the Rokinon 85mm 1.4 and yes despite many pictures it has an A setting on the apeture ring.

11-07-2016, 05:09 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Even the most reputable dealers are unlikely to show the exact mount, allowing for confirmation. For all Samyang, Rokinon, etc. brand lenses that are designed for stills - the A-mount setting is included. They all communicate the focal length, as well. Confirming that the 14mm has KR designation, as does the 8mm. My 85mm shows no designation on the barrel.

Very few of the cine lenses are available in Pentax mount, and it seems highly likely that they would also have the A setting for the simple reason that creating a different mount (that is less functional) would increase production costs. However, the cine lens issue would have to be confirmed by someone who has one of these lenses. Most likely few and far between.
11-07-2016, 05:37 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ScooterMaxi Jim Quote
Very few of the cine lenses are available in Pentax mount
Unlike their K-mount regular lenses, of which there are 13 lenses in K-mount, none of the Rokinon 'Xeen' cinema lenses are available in K-mount. It's all Canikon, PL, micro 4/3, or Sony:

Rokinon - All Xeen lenses

Interestingly, Samyang does have 12 lenses of it's 'Cine' line available for Pentax mount, and 6 of it's professional [and expensive] 'Xeen' line are listed as available in Pentax mount too.
11-08-2016, 01:56 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I could have bought the cine version back in Italy. In the EU, VAT included, the cheapest Samyang 14mm in PK mount on sale on Ebay, including all the many clones branded differently, is sold by a polish vendor who stocks a large number of Samyang optics.
I chose to pass cause i didn't see much sense in buying a declicked, ergonomically inferior lens - perhaps even without contacts - for my new K-1.
I didn't ask about the mount, though. After i'm done with this post i'll check if i can find pics of the Pentax mount of Samyang lenses in cine version.
Maybe the reduced price reveals that the sales of the cine variant in PK mount aren't so good, and that most people don't use Pentax DSLR cameras for videos.
Unsurprisingly.
At one time the saving was so huge that i almost clicked the "Buy It Now" button... but then i thought that the ergonomics of the lens would be terrible for still photography.
Even more so considering my "photographic habits". I'm used to old smooth manual focus lenses, at their "look and feel"
Having a kind of plastic gear instead of a proper focusing ring makes me kind of uncomfortable...
I'd love to get a first hand impression from forum users who happen to own a cine lens. Samyang or clone.

EDIT:
it seems it has no electric contacts

Paolo

11-08-2016, 08:53 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Paolo, that most certainly is not a Pentax mount. The tab indent is on the wrong side of the dot. Samyang places the Pentax dot on the inside barrel area just beyond the flange. The blackened area between flange and rear element looks nothing like K mount.
11-08-2016, 04:37 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yes, you're right.
Now I notice.
I just used the pic without checking.
Apparently all vendors use standard sale images. I should use a bigger phone... or start to wear glasses ☺
I guess that auto-exposure on cine lenses I still an open question.
Thanks for the correction.

Paolo
11-17-2016, 07:10 PM   #22
Forum Member

most vendors use a stock photos they need to pay for them so they use what they get, pentax is not on the top of the list for being popular mount , most they sell are canikon