Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxJax Quote
My insurance also asked me to photograph higher value items in the home. That's why I bought the K-3....To photograph my K-5
Oh man, I hadn't thought of that excuse. Wonder if that'll fly with the wife.

01-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My home-owner's policy would only cover up to $1000 of camera equipment if the event were something the policy already covered: fire, theft, or incidental damage (tree fell on house, causing damage to the camera).

I insured my equipment separately with a rider policy. I had to take all my equipment to BelAir Camera for an appraisal first.
01-14-2015, 04:32 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've had an itemized rider with values on our homeowner's for over 30 years, and updated it annually (oops, that reveals what a hopeless gear head I am), both removing and adding items. I'm tempted to say it's cost me as much as the best DA lens, but it may not be that much, and the peace of mind is worth it.
01-14-2015, 11:18 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I've had an itemized rider with values on our homeowner's for over 30 years, and updated it annually (oops, that reveals what a hopeless gear head I am), both removing and adding items. I'm tempted to say it's cost me as much as the best DA lens, but it may not be that much, and the peace of mind is worth it.
I started itemized serial lists of my house contents as a necessity when I did an international move. You had to do it for insurance purposes incase the container washed overboard on the ship. It was a real pain to do, but once started , keeping it up to date was easy.