Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2007, 06:06 AM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I think you need to seek out some help...I know a great therapist that aided me in reducing my lenses to six and even that was too much..I suggest you give all of your material away to a worthy cause and go out and purchase a disposible Fuji film camera. That will be your payment for sins commited. You'll feel much better after that. If not, I would consider taking all of them of your hands out of my deep empathy and compassion for your situation....

Ben
the worthy cause being me

02-05-2007, 07:41 AM   #17
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I think you need to seek out some help...I know a great therapist that aided me in reducing my lenses to six and even that was too much..I suggest you give all of your material away to a worthy cause and go out and purchase a disposible Fuji film camera. That will be your payment for sins commited. You'll feel much better after that. If not, I would consider taking all of them of your hands out of my deep empathy and compassion for your situation....

Ben
I could be a pretty good worthy cause myself.

I promised my wife that I wouldn't buy any more lenses for a while. But, that was before I found out that the DA16-45 was in stock.

Although, I haven't pulled the trigger on that one..........yet?????
02-05-2007, 08:21 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EddyinGA Quote
I could be a pretty good worthy cause myself.

I promised my wife that I wouldn't buy any more lenses for a while. But, that was before I found out that the DA16-45 was in stock.

Although, I haven't pulled the trigger on that one..........yet?????
Eddy, resistance is futile! You know you want it!
Maybe you could tell the better half "Well dear, at least it wasn't a boat." ?

NaCl(I've heard diamond earrings work well too)H2O
02-05-2007, 08:50 AM   #19
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Eddy, resistance is futile! You know you want it!
Maybe you could tell the better half "Well dear, at least it wasn't a boat." ?

NaCl(I've heard diamond earrings work well too)H2O
Yep, I do want it. And Diamond earrings do work quite well. Or, maybe some accessories for her Cannondale Bicycle.

She asked me the other day, "How much have you spent on stuff since you bought that camera."

My answer was, "Honey, there are some things that you really don't want to know." She just shook her head and walked away.

I may, as I've heard some other say, wait for the DA 16-50 which, hopefully, should be available soon.

02-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by EddyinGA Quote

I may, as I've heard some other say, wait for the DA 16-50 which, hopefully, should be available soon.
How will the 16-50 work for those who do not have enough GAS to have sprung for a K10D?

If my 16-45 didn't cast such a huge shadow in the lower half of the focal range when using the onboard flash I'd be tempted to keep mine on my DS. I think I may sell it for the new 16-50 for the 10D and get a kit lens so my wife will have something decent to take kid shots with, without the lens shadow from the onboard flash.
02-05-2007, 12:11 PM   #21
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by jnorth Quote
How will the 16-50 work for those who do not have enough GAS to have sprung for a K10D?

I am, of course, assuming that the 16-50 will be compatible with my K100D. If not, then I will probably spring for the 16-45.
02-05-2007, 12:15 PM   #22
Forum Member

In fact there are 7 types

Seven Levels of Photographers © 2005 KenRockwell.com

02-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Using this scale, I would put myself squarely between 4 and 5. I was a total snapaholic with my P&S, but there are tons of moments where I do wanted some nice well taken photos too.
02-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Got the body, 10-17, 70-300 and 18-50 all at once in the middle of November. Got the 50-200 a few weeks back (better IQ than the 70-300, which I may not keep if I can find something better).

I could not recently find another suitable lens to buy (gasp!) - so I bought a fairly expensive flash instead:-)

Now what?
02-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #25
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
so I bought a fairly expensive flash instead:-)

Now what?
Get another flash so you can have a wireless off camera flash as well.