Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2007, 06:54 AM   #1
Ed in GA
Guest




There are two types of Photographer

I had fund with this on another forum. So, here goes


The two types:

Those who have LBA and those who will have LBA.

02-02-2007, 07:17 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bronx NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,599
Good one Eddy!

Hi Eddy! You forgot one category "Those that have LBA REALLY BAD!!!
Note that photographers aren't the only ones who suffer from this. Musicians call it GAS Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

NaCl(and if you have LBA and GAS then you are in real trouble)H2O
02-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member
roentarre's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 11,794
That makes me laugh!

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Hi Eddy! You forgot one category "Those that have LBA REALLY BAD!!!
Note that photographers aren't the only ones who suffer from this. Musicians call it GAS Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

NaCl(and if you have LBA and GAS then you are in real trouble)H2O
Gear acquisition syndrome would probably be an even better term coined for any type of hobbists. I might have both ... Damn it
02-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 182
I wholeheartedly agree!

When I got my first DS in Jan 2005, here was my equipment list:
- ZX-50
- FA 28-80/3.5-5.6
- FA 80-320/4.5-5.6
- Vivitar 50/1.7 (given away on dpreview)
- Tamron 2x teleconverter

Since then, here's what I've added:
- a second DS body
- K10D w/ grip
- (2) AF360FGZ flash units
- FA* 28-70/2.8
- FA* 300/4.5
- FA 100/2.8 macro
- FA 50/1.4
- F 50/1.7
- M 50/1.4
- DA 18-55/3.-5.6
- Sigma 70-200/2.8
- Sigma 300/4.0
- Sigma 105/2.8 macro
- Tamron 17-35/2.8-4.0
- Tamron 28-75/2.8 (sold to mikerigel and I wish I had it back...)
- Zenitar 16/2.8 fisheye

I realized I was in trouble when I added a rider to my homeowner's insurance. The rider added about 20% to my total homeowner's insurance bill

02-03-2007, 07:58 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,226
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Hi Eddy! You forgot one category "Those that have LBA REALLY BAD!!!
Note that photographers aren't the only ones who suffer from this. Musicians call it GAS Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

NaCl(and if you have LBA and GAS then you are in real trouble)H2O
I'm in trouble - I've got both! I got a DS2 a little over a year ago; with it I bought a DA 16-45 and DA 50-200 with the declaration that I'd need no more lenses; rather, I would use the pretty fair collection of A, M and K lenses I already had. I did nothing of the sort, and during 2006 I picked up all three pancakes, an FA35/2 (maybe my favorite lens), a DA 10-17, a AF 360 flash, a new Domke bag and a K10D. The only "legacy" lenses I use with any regularity are an FA50/1.4 and an A*85/1.4.

Right now, both my LBA and GAS are - I'm thankful to say - in remission. But who knows how long that'll last. I'm glad there is a support group here.

Jer
02-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 158
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Hi Eddy! You forgot one category "Those that have LBA REALLY BAD!!!
Note that photographers aren't the only ones who suffer from this. Musicians call it GAS Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

NaCl(and if you have LBA and GAS then you are in real trouble)H2O
id say im in that group. i have decided to stay off of KEH until i get some of my card paid off
02-03-2007, 07:21 PM   #7
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kamloops, B.C.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 226
What about those of us that can't afford to ever have LBA?
02-03-2007, 07:25 PM   #8
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 158
QuoteOriginally posted by Artyste Quote
What about those of us that can't afford to ever have LBA?
lol, i cant raelaly afford it either :X

02-04-2007, 12:32 AM   #9
Veteran Member
Alvin's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,530
QuoteOriginally posted by Artyste Quote
What about those of us that can't afford to ever have LBA?
People in this group possibly develop to become the worst (good or bad? haha!) LBA'ers. It begins with a small case of Lens Lust and/or Lens Envy. When they start buying, WATCH OUT!
02-04-2007, 07:24 AM   #10
Site Supporter
slip's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 2 hours north of toronto ontario canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,515
LBA deterent...... The wife

Just my wee sigma 17-70....

cheers

randy
02-04-2007, 07:47 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bronx NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,599
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
LBA deterent...... The wife

Just my wee sigma 17-70....

cheers

randy
True Randy, but what about us with no wives?

NaCl(onliest thing that works for me...use a debit card...and get to like peanut butter sandwiches)H2O
02-04-2007, 09:24 AM   #12
Veteran Member
Alvin's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,530
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
LBA deterent...... The wife

Just my wee sigma 17-70....

cheers

randy
Randy,

That depends. Remember, my wife dropped the cash right away for my (or her?) Fisheye - Hmm, maybe I should show her the 12-24mm? (To the wife - Thank you, honey)
02-04-2007, 09:31 AM   #13
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 736
QuoteOriginally posted by EddyinGA Quote
I had fund with this on another forum. So, here goes


The two types:

Those who have LBA and those who will have LBA.
And to go with that... Ones that are salesmen and thoes who are shooters... thats why I need to get me a sexy woman, or a really good guy who can "sell me"
Hence I do not have the most extensive LBA as that I cannot fund it
02-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bronx NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,599
But Brendan!

QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
And to go with that... Ones that are salesmen and thoes who are shooters... thats why I need to get me a sexy woman, or a really good guy who can "sell me"
Hence I do not have the most extensive LBA as that I cannot fund it
The real question is: "Do you have the most extensive LBA that you can fund? (just)"

NaCl(peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches and hotdogs is a good diet! )H2O
02-05-2007, 05:51 AM   #15
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,309
Need Help..

QuoteOriginally posted by Jun Park Quote
When I got my first DS in Jan 2005, here was my equipment list:
- ZX-50
- FA 28-80/3.5-5.6
- FA 80-320/4.5-5.6
- Vivitar 50/1.7 (given away on dpreview)
- Tamron 2x teleconverter

Since then, here's what I've added:
- a second DS body
- K10D w/ grip
- (2) AF360FGZ flash units
- FA* 28-70/2.8
- FA* 300/4.5
- FA 100/2.8 macro
- FA 50/1.4
- F 50/1.7
- M 50/1.4
- DA 18-55/3.-5.6
- Sigma 70-200/2.8
- Sigma 300/4.0
- Sigma 105/2.8 macro
- Tamron 17-35/2.8-4.0
- Tamron 28-75/2.8 (sold to mikerigel and I wish I had it back...)
- Zenitar 16/2.8 fisheye

I realized I was in trouble when I added a rider to my homeowner's insurance. The rider added about 20% to my total homeowner's insurance bill
I think you need to seek out some help...I know a great therapist that aided me in reducing my lenses to six and even that was too much..I suggest you give all of your material away to a worthy cause and go out and purchase a disposible Fuji film camera. That will be your payment for sins commited. You'll feel much better after that. If not, I would consider taking all of them of your hands out of my deep empathy and compassion for your situation....

Ben
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, lba, pentax lens, slr lens, types
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what types of pictures to have - subject wise CTR01 Photographic Technique 12 07-10-2011 10:02 AM
Multiple light types mysterick Pentax K-5 2 12-14-2010 06:53 PM
RAW file types and differences... DaveHolmes Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 10 11-04-2010 02:02 PM
Need advice for types of filter!!! aLep Photographic Technique 11 06-14-2010 06:42 AM
Micro Screwdriver Types wiseman Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 3 01-10-2008 01:31 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:43 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top