Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2015, 08:28 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you just have to have 35 then the 35/2.4 is a better choice IMHO for street shooting and the price is definitely right. Macros produce flat images IMHO. Not sure about the 5mm making a huge difference but if you MUST go 35 then try the 35/2.4.

01-18-2015, 08:28 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jcphoto Quote
Hi all,

I just got my K-3 body, and have been sticking to the M/K lenses since I'm transitioning from the K1000.
I think I am going to stick to using M/K lenses, but I would like to invest in a "go-to" DA lens.

I've done extensive research/read over the reviews and was leaning towards the DA 40mm F2.8 Limited just for convenience, when shooting more casually.
I mainly shoot street photography, not shy to get up-close and personal with my subjects, and am not particularly interested in using zoom/ zoom lenses. Typically, I use a 50mm/85mm lens, and occasionally switch to my 17mm f4 fisheye.

Would you veteran pentaxians have any other suggestions?
(am an anthropology grad student so, limited funds [budget of ~400-500], and most of my photos are of people)

Cheers!
Only problem with the DA 40 Limited is that it is a long normal and might be too long for street photography. I would put it on my list of must haves since it is so small and light but I would suggest the DA 21 Limited first, then get the DA 40 Limited. I bought both of mine used and got them for good prices. Having both is best of both worlds and a very compact high quality kit. Good SMC used versions are easy to find and since these are such high quality lenses I don't worry about the durability of a second hand lens as I would be with a cheaper plastic lens used.