Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2015, 09:10 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
35mm 3.5 smc takumar issue

Yesterday I disassembled and cleaned slow aperture blades. Things went smoothly and was a straight forward affair. Works well with the exception of the fact that there is no change in the aperture when moving from f11 to f16 or vice versa. I'm kicking myself for not noticing if the condition existed prior to my work. Is there anyone out there familiar with this condition and know how to fix it?

01-19-2015, 09:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by indy Quote
Yesterday I disassembled and cleaned slow aperture blades. Things went smoothly and was a straight forward affair. Works well with the exception of the fact that there is no change in the aperture when moving from f11 to f16 or vice versa. I'm kicking myself for not noticing if the condition existed prior to my work. Is there anyone out there familiar with this condition and know how to fix it?
That's probably your doing. You should disassemble it again to see if you screwed anything in too tightly or loosely. Sorry for being so blunt... Personal experience

Last edited by Giklab; 01-19-2015 at 09:59 AM.
01-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #3
Inactive Account

When you replaced the lens ass from the front did you line up the aperture control link into the long brass arm with the slot ?
If you did it is not right, it fits into a small slotted arm near the bottom of the lens body.
01-19-2015, 11:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Check the tiny spring. Also check the curved arm and make sure its not set under the stop.

01-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
That's probably your doing. You should disassemble it again to see if you screwed anything in too tightly or loosely. Sorry for being so blunt... Personal experience
I can deal with blunt and your assessment is accurate. Thanks for the response.

---------- Post added 01-19-2015 at 04:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bobpur Quote
When you replaced the lens ass from the front did you line up the aperture control link into the long brass arm with the slot ?
If you did it is not right, it fits into a small slotted arm near the bottom of the lens body.
Ahah! Great trouble shooting Bobpur. That is exactly what I did. I have never repaired a lens before and the slotted arm appeared to be the proper location for reassembly.

Quick second question: does the convex front lens disassemble to allow for the cleaning of the concave side? I am assuming it does but unlike the other lenses its bezel would not move.

Thank you for the help with this.
01-20-2015, 09:17 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Some of the old lenses are quite difficult to open because the threads are locked with a lacquer, lacquer thinner
around where the threads are usually does it. Just a VERY small amount using a thin paint brush spreads around
the lens. Wait a few seconds and try it.
01-20-2015, 01:13 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobpur Quote
Some of the old lenses are quite difficult to open because the threads are locked with a lacquer, lacquer thinner
around where the threads are usually does it. Just a VERY small amount using a thin paint brush spreads around
the lens. Wait a few seconds and try it.
Great. Thanks again.