Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2015, 10:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Sigma Zoom 21-35mm 3.5-4 Rare ?

I got this a couple weeks ago and tried resurrecting a dead old thread with no luck.
Its a SIGMA ZOOM 21-35mm 3.5-4
I had to create a new lens profile Review for a third party sigma legacy zoom and messed it up. 2 images were added that didn't belong , and 1 image that should have been there was left off. Hopefully maybe a moderator or Adam can correct it.
Here are those images again.....This time the right ones
And I just wanted to know if anyone has used it before and what your thoughts are on this little tank ?
Overall I found it more than suitable and at medium ranges and very sharp.....but it takes some work.

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 01-02-2017 at 03:05 PM.
01-24-2015, 12:15 AM   #2
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
That's a lot of marking on one lens!!
01-24-2015, 12:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
That's a lot of marking on one lens!!
I know...Looks like a Christmas tree ! That's the way it was I guess in 1980 on lenses.
02-22-2016, 01:43 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Bumping this year old thread....

Dlanor, I read your review of this lens,.. There seem to be some similar Sigma models with the same zoom range, but slightly different widest aperture specs and some sporting a very wide focusing ring. There is another K-mount version numbered 800238 that looks from the pictures I've seen nearly identical to yours, but which must have some difference. It doesn't seem to be easy to find much information on these earlier models with the three narrow textured rings for aperture, zoom, and focus.

How is that one you have doing? Have you posted some pictures taken with it, as opposed to only pictures of it? Does it still seem to have that focusing problem, differing between what you see in the viewfinder compared to the film or sensor plane?

Also, that view of the front element that you posted in this thread still isn't in the review. I agree with you that it's a view that belongs there!