Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The administrative offices of ProDigital2000, Camen's Photo Source, and their warehouse is in one big building located at 257 Monteith in Stratford. Call them and ask for a guy named Stephen, or Steven. He handles their Pentax line. Tell him what you need and ask him if you can pick it up yourself. Would be best to call a day in advance and go pick it up from the front counter the next day. They prefer you buy on-line and pay for the shipping. But they may let you pick it up at the office if you arrange it with Amy. 519-271-4552

05-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
I find the used henry's outlet useless. Eithe rutter junk or MASSIVELY over priced, they wanted $600 for a Sigma 100mm Macro, gimme a break it's $400 brand new!!

Never once found anything there remotely interesting.

My best ploy is to contact Adens, Henrys, Vistek (snobs) and Downtown camera to see who will do the best deal. Then check B+H just in case.
my experience there is similar. the henry's outlet is a very strange place. lots of crap. because i walked in and didn't receive any service, i went behind the counter (there was like a small divider but it was wide open) and then somebody came up to me and said it was employees only, but didn't even offer to help me out at all. i checked out most of the pentax stuff on display hands on and most of it was garbage and expensive. i also noticed them trying to pawn off the kit lens for close to $200, so much for an outlet. the only thing i bought there was a cheap filter to get the filter ring.

as for comparing prices, Photography, Digital Camera, Lens Price Comparisons for Canadians - photoprice.ca is a nice site that compares all those stores and more
05-30-2008, 07:22 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
again, thanks much for all the replies and info. ProDigital looks like a good source for new stuff while I'm there...

As far as used stuff... I guess at least I'll have fun looking, I won't go out of my way and if I find something, then it'll be a "find"
05-31-2008, 02:26 PM   #19

In the Henry's outlet, there's a Pentax guy near the back. He gave me some info about some camera trading show that happens occasionally. I don't remember the details but he would. He's a fun guy to talk to, and loves to talk about Pentax's lens coating.

You might see him throwing a spotmatic to the ground repeatedly to show how durable it is.

06-02-2008, 03:58 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Outlet is definitely hit and miss, mostly miss. Prices are all over the place -- you just have to watch for the deals. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason, except for the price Henry's paid for the used gear on trade-in. I have seen the 18-55 kit lens go for anywhere between $69 and $200. Sometimes the open-box lenses are listed for more than new lenses in the main store! And sometimes the deals are side by side with the not-deals. I paid $79 for my 18-35mm. It was being listed as used, but was like new - not a hint of a mark. A dusty, dinged up 18-35mm was right beside it, marked as open box and listed for $150....

Half of the fun is in the hunt. If you NEED a lens, just order from KEH.
06-02-2008, 09:37 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Original Poster
yeah, I will have fun hunting around and looking! I am up here now, so just figuring out places my wife and I to go shoot...

Previously been to the Quay and Islands and beaches area, enjoyed all those. Probably will hit those places again. Heard that Don Valley Brickworks is an interesting place... We are stuck to TTC mostly while in TO. Will rent a car and drive to Montreal and QC to visit in-laws, so there be a lot to shoot there.

thanks for all the tips
06-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #22

High Park and the distillery district are a few other places to check out.