Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-17-2015, 01:48 AM   #16
Veteran Member

By the way, I rather doubt the CZJ "Prakticar" lens is actually Pentax K fit - as a bayonet, it's surely going to be Praktica Bayonet (though I may be wrong). I doubt it's even East-German made (a lot of CZJ lenses were badged Japanese).

I don't think this lens should be confused with the M42 CZJ MC Sonnar 135/3.5 - which is a "proper" East-German lens, and which is optically great (probably beats just about anything), though isn't as well made as a Japanese lens (particularly an M42 Takumar).

02-17-2015, 02:54 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jutaipeter Quote
I have just received the lens from Bosnia and taken some sample pictures. Here they are. No postproduction, of course. I am satisfied with the quality despite the fungus on the back lens. I will take the glass to a tech next week, and hope for the best. The front cap may not be a problem, as a clip-on cap almost fits. A minor tweak will help, I think.
Looks pretty sharp where focus has landed - colours expectedly are muted , so the contrast is low-ish , so these two might get bumped after the lens is serviced. It is hard to judge the sharpness from resized samples though.