Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagala Quote
On french website "Chasseur d'images" Chasseur d'Images - La Cote de l'Occasion you can find used lenses values in euros.
Thank you

02-06-2015, 01:35 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Do your research. Ebay is a good place for recent sales. As others have mentioned, completed
sales are a truer gauge of value than unsold listings, (that might never sell because they're unrealistic).

Also look at the marketplace here, and the lens database.

The wide variance in prices that you're seeing are due to the wide potential value based on
lens condition, rarity, desirability, etc. No real way to pin down a more concrete price without
actually seeing the lenses. If you can, take clear, well lit, in-focus images of the lenses and
post them here. Or seek out a local camera shop or photo club if you don't feel confident in
evaluating the condition of the lenses yourself. If they are truly in excellent to mint you can
expect to get top dollar, (ie, upper prices of what have been paid recently). Useable, problem
free lenses with cosmetic wear will fetch prices in the middle ground. Lenses requiring repair
will fetch considerably less, anywhere from 0% - 30% of top dollar depending, again, on
rarity and desirability.

Overall, you do have some choice lenses there. Do your research and you'll do well.
02-06-2015, 05:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by baarisa Quote
hi everyone, i am new here and wasn't sure if posting in the right place but i have a few lenses that i got from collector, and will be trying to sell them but i would like to know maybe somebody was buying some of these lenses lately and can tell me what they paid
i have:
smc takumar 85-210 f4.5
smc takumar 70-150 f4.5
smc takumar 50mm 1.8 + hoya 49mm uv filter
smc macro takumar 50mm f4.0
super takumar 24mm f3.5
smc pentax-a 20mm f/2.8
smc pentax-a* 200mm f4 macro ed
smc pentax-a* 300mm f4
smc pentax m 400mm f/5.6
i posted one for sale in the forums marketplace:
smc pentax m 40mm f2.8
A* 200m macro is 2x price of the sum of your other lenses... Typically >$2000 on eBay as it is super rare. Personally I think it should be at around $1000-$1500 as that's the price for used sigma 180 2.8 macro or canon/nikon AF 200 f4 macro.

Last edited by starjedi; 02-06-2015 at 05:09 PM.
02-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check out KEH.com. They have prices on their website and probably will buy them

02-06-2015, 06:39 PM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by baarisa Quote
i did tried but prices even for sold ones are with a huge difference, lets say smc pentax m 40mm f2.8 sold ones are from 50 - 120 us dollars thats a big amount
QuoteOriginally posted by lmd91343 Quote
Check out KEH.com. They have prices on their website and probably will buy them
The answers you are seeking are really not available in 5 seconds. It is going to take some work and some thought along with some reading. So here is a process.
  • Evaluate each of your lenses based on KEH.com's condition scale. Then get a comparable value from KEH's website for the lens in similar condition.
  • Then on evilbay, for each lens go to the completed sales page and then go down the page, copying the prices on to a separate sheet of paper. Sort the prices low to high. Look at the average price - in particular the condition of your lens against the evilbay sale. If your lens is in better condition, keeping going up the price list until you match in condition. That is going to be your price range.
  • Compare the KEH price against the evilbay price. Make a judgement call as to price.
  • Then you can either list the lens on the forum's market place - or on evilbay. You can also go with a reserve price on evilbay say at the higher of the KEH or the evilbay value. If you go the evilbay route and it fails to reach the reserve price, you can hold the auction again, or accept the price of the high bidder.
Rinse and repeat for each lens....

02-07-2015, 12:19 AM   #21

Original Poster
Thanx everyone, you are a great people!!!!