Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Where to buy lens caps?

Where does everyone get their lens caps, front and rear? Looks like there are lots of choices on flea-bay stores, but can anyone recommend a source for lens caps? (generic or genuine Pentax, either)

05-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I never bought from them yet but I'm planning to.
Try this one: CameraFilters.com - Official Site
05-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I've seen some generic knock-offs on eBay. It's just a piece of plastic, so it should be fine (as long as it fits).
05-30-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

With eBay the shipping charge has to be very reasonable to make it worth while.
I've bought 'em from B&H and KEH, just because I needed some screw back caps and an authentic Tamron or two.
My first choice is a monthly camera show nearby where I can get almost anyting for $1.
My second choice is a local camera store where they have a drawerful but charge $5-6 - this can still come out cheaper than via the bay.

At the last show, I found an Auto-Tak 55/1.8 for $10 without the caps... then walked over to another table and found an Asahi front cap + rear cap for the lens for $1 each. That was a happy day...

05-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I bought some from Fotodiox's eBay store.

Not all lenscaps are created equal - I LOVE center-pinch caps! (Fotodiox does sell centerpinch ones)
05-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

kinda reiterate Nesster's remarks

if you don't really care too much about the quality, eBay has plenty of cheap caps.
some users may also sell old caps for reasonable prices, i picked up an older 58mm Pentax Plastic pinch cap for not too much.
otherwise KEH has a bunch but quite pricey.
05-31-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
Site Supporter

I've bought caps from this guy several times. Very good service and they arrived fast. They were around 3 dollars shipped each time. He also has other random Pentax stuff for sale.

eBay My World - jruss71731
05-31-2008, 10:21 AM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by superbass Quote
I've bought caps from this guy several times. Very good service and they arrived fast. They were around 3 dollars shipped each time. He also has other random Pentax stuff for sale.

eBay My World - jruss71731
I've dealt with John (jruss71731 on ebay) for some items and asked him about other items. John is as honest as they come. Quick shipping.

Camerafilters.com also has very fast shipping and if you order over $23, shipping is free. What I've always done is order what I need in lens caps and such, then add in a couple of filters to make it over $23. (Oh come on, we can all use another filter or two).

CW

05-31-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Speaking of lens caps, I highly recommend the Tamron lens caps (if you can get them in the size you need.) They are center-pinch, dont interfere with lens hoods, and hold VERY tight. My pentax lens caps are now in the unused box and I use these exclusively!

You can get them from the usual suspects. Adorama seems to have the biggest selection.
05-31-2008, 12:37 PM   #10

in Europe this shop is really good:

http://lenscaps.eu/