Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
02-10-2015, 12:27 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
A build feature not yet mentioned which I like is the metal focusing ring with the ribbed form. But in particular, the fact it is metal, not rubber or plastic, like the grip inserts in lenses introduced soon after (e.g. M series) means it does not deteriorate with time, attract dirty stuff, discolour, perish or even get cut off. Therefore the lens cosmetics only show brassing type wear, not other wear/deterioration.

02-10-2015, 01:00 PM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Very nice work manntax but very few people here will be able to get these results from a manual focus lens at all, let alone wide open at f1.4. I used a K1000 and a 50/2 exclusively for almost 20 years and we both know that focusing action with kids that well using MF lenses takes a lot of practice.
Thank you yeah of course years of practice makes the whole difference.. especially with camera like K-01 where one cannot relay on burst mode - only just on tracking the action and being ready..

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
repped for talent, well done!.
Thank you!

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You are quite correct that manual focus is a learned skill Though, I would point out that manual focus with action subjects was quite successfully done long before AF became available and for many bird, wildlife, and motorsports photographers, remains the preferred option.
well well who would have guessed that going through years of forced 'one click = one photo' practice would pay off nowadays :P
But this is Exactly spot on. In fact, for fast action I would rather have well dampened manual lens with moderate throw and great viewfinder rather than fast AF lens with dim viewfinder..
02-10-2015, 01:09 PM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is an article with some interesting info on the Tak 58/2 and ST 50/1.4 8-element lenses as well as the M50/1.4 and the FA 43/1.9 LTD.

TEST Takumar 58/2 v Super Tak 50/1.4 v M50/1.4 v FA43/1.9
02-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by walliswizard Quote
well, i think the annoying truth is that after reading more about them and the comments on this thread....

...i badly want one now!
long live lba!!!!
:d