Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-23-2015, 01:55 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Every file that anyone has compared from their lenses has been different - but if you mean the overall structure is different - then I'm not sure. You can always try one from someone else's lens BUT ONLY if you back yours up and only if you are willing to take the small risk. I have not heard of any damage caused by trying another lens file - and I have not heard of anyone unable to put the old file back.

But the wrong file will often cause focus problems and work at some distances but not others etc.

02-23-2015, 02:39 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Don't try someone else's lens file. The 16-50, for instance, contains info only relevant to that owner's lens.

Whatever you attempt - back up first.
02-23-2015, 03:06 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Don't try someone else's lens file. The 16-50, for instance, contains info only relevant to that owner's lens.

Whatever you attempt - back up first.
Why not try one - he has a weird problem that might indicate a damaged file. Yes it will not work perfectly but it will help diagnose the problem. And YES YES YES backup the file before you do ANYTHING to it.
02-23-2015, 03:39 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Pentax needs to make a USB dock for it's lenses, like Sigma does.

02-24-2015, 06:57 AM   #20
Ivo

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Pentax needs to make a USB dock for it's lenses
I allready have a dock - old k100d body

---------- Post added 02-24-2015 at 03:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
but if you mean the overall structure is different
No, the structure is the same.
02-24-2015, 11:38 AM   #21
Ivo

Original Poster
I'm finally decided not to use another lens rom but at first try to disable SDM as for DA*16-50. I took my original lens rom and modified it in the same manner as instructions said for DA*16-50 - replace all c0 values with 80 in column 03. And after that the lens focusing is working in srew mode and - yes it's get in focus now!!! Everything is working! Yes, it's not so fast and more noisy but IT'S WORKING!!!
Thank you all for input!
02-24-2015, 12:29 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivo Quote
I'm finally decided not to use another lens rom but at first try to disable SDM as for DA*16-50. I took my original lens rom and modified it in the same manner as instructions said for DA*16-50 - replace all c0 values with 80 in column 03. And after that the lens focusing is working in srew mode and - yes it's get in focus now!!! Everything is working! Yes, it's not so fast and more noisy but IT'S WORKING!!!
Thank you all for input!
Would you mind telling me what body you used and what process you used? I'm trying to get info together for this:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/289442-sdm-...n-article.html

02-24-2015, 01:08 PM - 1 Like   #23
Ivo

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
what body you used and what process you used
At first you have to get in debug menu to access lens rom (lenseep.lns file) and save it to SD card.
I used K100d body because with this body is more easy to get into debug menu.
1: Hold INFO and AE-L then power up
2: Press MENU, MENU then INFO in 5 secends
3: You now enter the debug mode
4: Press MENU once
5: Here you go!

It is possible also with other bodies, just search the forum:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/208353-how-...m-f-2-8-a.html

After I used Notepad++ on my pc to edit lenseep.lns (make copy before editting!!!)
Then copy edited file to SD card, enter debug menu once again and load sdited file to lens. That's it. It's easy.
02-24-2015, 01:55 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivo Quote
At first you have to get in debug menu to access lens rom (lenseep.lns file) and save it to SD card.
I used K100d body because with this body is more easy to get into debug menu.
1: Hold INFO and AE-L then power up
2: Press MENU, MENU then INFO in 5 secends
3: You now enter the debug mode
4: Press MENU once
5: Here you go!

It is possible also with other bodies, just search the forum:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/208353-how-...m-f-2-8-a.html

After I used Notepad++ on my pc to edit lenseep.lns (make copy before editting!!!)
Then copy edited file to SD card, enter debug menu once again and load sdited file to lens. That's it. It's easy.
Got it. That thread is good but confusing and disorganized since it grew organically.

So you used a K100D and the button method to access Debug Menu and then notepad++ to edit the file. This is the first DA* 300 conversion that I can say is confirmed. I suspect others may have happened but the thread is too long to fully parse easily.