Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-20-2015, 12:42 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Yes, I have acknowledged my experimental error! Still, it raises the question about how much of a crop is needed when mounting a DA lens on the forthcoming 35FF. A "smart" crop would check which lens is mounted and determine what extent of crop is needed to eliminate an acceptable amount of vignetting and distortion and only crop to that, rather than the complete APS-C frame crop. Ideally, the viewfinder FoV would be adjusted to suit, and a user refinement mode added. That would be a different feature for the new Pentax!

PS - I still like my DA35/2.8 Macro, even if it is more Limited than I thought at first!
I wonder how it is important if it can cover 1.2 crop with so-so border instead of being limited to APSC. Obviously the lense was designed with APSC in mind to have good border wide open and be perfectly sharp accross the frame closed down... On APSC. It is a near perfect lense.

The interrest to try to get more out of it with some intermediate crop but get vigneting / so-so border and a different angle of view look a bit strange to me. We already know it doesn't fit FF and so could not used as a wide angle lense on FF. That's life.

I prefer to think of it as a great APSC lense than very bad FF lense.