Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Side-effect of LBA...

UPS anxiety?

I ordered a Tamron 90mm macro and a Sigma 10-20mm, and now I'm constantly checking the UPS tracking updates as they creep across the country to California. Yes... even over the weekend

Considering the condition my 540FGZ's box was in after UPS put it through the wringer, I just want to get my hot little hands on them and make sure they're okay

06-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

i think you're not alone. especially when hundreds of dollars of goods are in the hands of UPS :P
06-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
Syb
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I recognize this; and it is not only a side effect of L-BA. It is actually a side effect of O-BA. Online-Buying-Addiction.

I used to be an OBA-er, waiting almost on a daily basis for parcels from Germany, 'cause that's where I found most model railroad-stuff sellers. Quite often the price of the shipping was higher than the value of the goods inside. But the sum of both was still attractively low to me...

Last thing I bought online was a DA35mm macro. Now I am using that for taking pictures of the railroad stuff for other people to feed them in their OBA.

The good part is that I have money afterwards to buy other interesting LBA-stuff...

:-)
06-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yenemy Quote
UPS anxiety?

I

Considering the condition my 540FGZ's box was in after UPS put it through the wringer, I just want to get my hot little hands on them and make sure they're okay
Hmm, maybe now we know why all those 16-50s are decentered.

06-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

my biggest proble is that i get the lenes that i wont but to get the good price there is a camera or other lenes ect... that come with it so i have a lot of stuff that i do not need LOL some of it sort of cool

so now i am a prod owner of 2 MD Rokkor-X 50 F1.4 lenes and other odd stuff LOL

so lets see that makes 5 50 F1.4 lenes i have thows 2 + 2 supper Tankmars M42 and a Pentax- M i have never thought i ever have that menny 1.4s well when it ranes it pors now if i can find that 1.2 LOL
06-02-2008, 07:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Dude, the UPS tracking page is afixed to my "bookmarks" toolbar in firefox.
06-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
nathan: haha, people like you are the reason ebay prices are so outrageous No skin off my back, I don't even have a Paypal account anymore, so I'm pretty much out of the eBay economy.

Venturi: even worse... you can set Firefox to automatically refresh a page every 'x' seconds

Anyway... the long wait is over! I actually saw the UPS guy as he pulled into my complex, and he was more than happy to hand me the package and avoid a walk up to my apartment. And I was more than happy to take it!

I was a little worried when I saw that the package was half-crushed on one side, but the lens and everything within looked fine. I was able to pop it on my K10 and take it out for about 5 minutes before work snuck back up on me, so I thought I'd share a couple of my initial test shots. Images link to 50% versions on my site.

Looks like I have some sensor dust too... or dust on the lens, one of the two. Gotta get that rocket blower out.

I was hunting a spider in his nest, but he wasn't cooperating... so I just got his last meal:

Part of his web:

Now the waiting begins again....

Last edited by yenemy; 06-02-2008 at 10:43 PM.