Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2008, 09:45 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm sure you could fit one, but most people in the know recommend against it... consider the angle of the light entering the lens... this baby sees so wide it would be coming through filter at a really bad angle.

06-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ted1212 Quote
Will it take a polarizing filter?
I have a B+W UV 10 filter and a polorizer as well...
06-06-2008, 02:33 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Sample

Here is a sample of the Sigma 10-20 that I used for a Fashion Story published in "Linea" magazine in Russia. This is when I was sponsored by Canon. Great Lens.

Ben
Attached Images

06-09-2008, 07:18 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The experiment has gone out of the window.

QuoteOriginally posted by gkopeliadis Quote
It's an experiment of mine, anyway
The experiment was spoiled. The order is cancelled
It was not Adorama's fault. It was my bank's fault.
I have a prepaid credit card to buy from the internet for safety reasons. The bank seem to have trouble keep tracking the sum of money "loaded" in the card. After some times it gave me trouble (the last with Adorama) I cancelled it, and the order with it. I'll place another experiment - order when my new card (from another bank) arrives.
In the mean time I think I'll get the lens from a local store (I start to have LBD* problems)

*LBD ~ Lens Buy Depravation

06-09-2008, 08:08 AM   #65
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gkopeliadis Quote
<snip>. The bank seem to have trouble keep tracking the sum of money "loaded" in the card. <snip>
The fockers !!! The Banks debit system works like a charm. I do the same at times (have a low limit card for Internet Purchases) and occasionlay transfer funds to there or between accounts. The debit happens immediatley online - the credit can take anywwhere from 1 - 4 days wtf ???? I hate banks... but a necessary evil.
07-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #66
Pentaxian

pushing up daisys

Now i'm sure to go to h_ll. It seems i've unintentionally joined a cult. I'm in with a bad lot, no doubt.

It all started last Friday. I heard a loud noise and squeal in the driveway, a banging on the door, the door opened and this suspiciously shaking cardboard box was extended. I told the khaki figure, please no, i'm not sure i want this. The cold answer: well take it quick, i don't want it, thats for sure.

What could it be? Its this awful lens, the Sigma 10-20. Then my life started sliding. Inside the house it has a very seductive quality, it photographed everything in sight, but outside, a disaster. After 2 days I had no outdoor images to show. Even lightroom could not shed any light on this dark and troubled lens.

The third day, I had hope, i would send the lens back and start my life over again in a new and better way. Truthful colors and straight lines would prevail. But just one more shot, just to make sure. Finally in much disgust over what i'd become, i threw my lens as far from me as i could and heard first one click and then a storm of shutter clicks. It was coming from a bed of flowers, how strange

I was using a Hoya UV Pro Digital filter on for both of these shots. Not sure if the filter contributed to the spot of green irridescent lens flare midway down in the second shot. Or maybe it was because the lens was too close to the sun

I've sent a coupla photos to the local camera club, but frankly have not admitted to having the Sigma 1020. I am starting to get strange looks like someone suspects something.

To gkopeliadis, please cancel your order, before you are hooked. Its your only way out.

Last edited by philbaum; 07-03-2008 at 12:28 PM.
07-03-2008, 08:12 PM   #67
Pentaxian

I love this lens...

07-04-2008, 12:18 AM   #68
Pentaxian

Javier,
Love all your photos, especially the last one with the kid, brings back memories.

thanks, Phil

07-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #69
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
Javier,
Love all your photos, especially the last one with the kid, brings back memories.

thanks, Phil
Hey, Thanks for the kind words