Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2015, 02:14 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by willskywalker93 Quote
I am very perplexed by what I am finding on the internet when searching out the best deal on a 14mm 2.8. I know that Samyang/Rokinon/Bower/Opteka/etc are all supposed to be the same lens, just rebranded. Why is it that some of the 14mm lenses I find say fisheye and some do not? Mainly the bower and Bell and Howell derivatives look identical to the Samyang, but say fisheye in the title and description of the lens, while having the same field of view markings (92 degrees) as the rectilinear lenses? Is this just a type and I shouldn't be scared to order or would I really get a 14mm fisheye? Just looking for someone to confirm if the 14mm Bower is fisheye, while the other are not.
The Bower 14mm is NOT a true fisheye. I bought one 2 months ago and love it but again , its NOT a true fisheye. Its a true Rectilinear lens

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
14mm, bower, fisheye, k-mount, lens, lenses, pentax lens, rokinon, samyang, samyang 14mm fisheye, slr lens