Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2015, 06:42 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
TER-OR's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dundee, IL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,545
I have a Sigma 28mm f1.8 macro which is really good. It's full-frame coverage, too.
I got it for close photos, wide enough for shooting models, miniatures etc but find it very nice indoors in low light for general use, and find it more useful than I had anticipated wide open. It has a great "normal" view and color rendering is excellent.

03-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #17
Veteran Member
Sagitta's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Maine
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,953
Oh! And as a size comparison, just in case you're curious, here's the 35-70 hiding among a bunch of fast 50's and a 28mm. I pulled all my lenses that could get me under 55mm and did a group shot just for giggles. The beast in the back is a rebranded Samyang 35mm f/1.4. Its as heavy as it looks, but if you have $300 to spare and want Popeye forearms, I say go for it. Its an absolutely amazing lens.

EDIT: And its probably LR's perspective correction, but my ring on my 28 looks... curved.

03-16-2015, 12:01 PM   #18
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 28
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Oh! And as a size comparison, just in case you're curious, here's the 35-70 hiding among a bunch of fast 50's and a 28mm. I pulled all my lenses that could get me under 55mm and did a group shot just for giggles. The beast in the back is a rebranded Samyang 35mm f/1.4. Its as heavy as it looks, but if you have $300 to spare and want Popeye forearms, I say go for it. Its an absolutely amazing lens.

EDIT: And its probably LR's perspective correction, but my ring on my 28 looks... curved.

Nice collection you have there. But I can't see anything 100mm focal length and beyond?
There is not much difference from 50 to 35 so I would choose one of those 28mm, although I won't say NO to that "little" boy in the background.

300$ would be too much. I would rather invest in a lens for my DSLR (non-Pentax) or a good flash.

BTW, which other brands did SMC made lenses for? Lets say, were Miranda/Tokina/Soligor/Sigma/<whatever>... lenses made by SMC or with similar glass quality?
03-16-2015, 12:16 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
TER-OR's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dundee, IL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,545
SMC was Asahi's trademark for Super Multi Coat - the lens coating.
Takumar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

03-16-2015, 04:43 PM   #20
Veteran Member
Sagitta's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Maine
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,953
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax1000 Quote
Nice collection you have there. But I can't see anything 100mm focal length and beyond?
There is not much difference from 50 to 35 so I would choose one of those 28mm, although I won't say NO to that "little" boy in the background.

300$ would be too much. I would rather invest in a lens for my DSLR (non-Pentax) or a good flash.

BTW, which other brands did SMC made lenses for? Lets say, were Miranda/Tokina/Soligor/Sigma/<whatever>... lenses made by SMC or with similar glass quality?
As far as I know, Pentax/Asahi/etc branded as Takumars, Pentax, and Cosmicars. The Cosmicars are mainly CCTV/video lenses, but there are a few stray K-mounts out there as well.

As for who made Pentax compatible lenses, thats another story and a list a mile long.

---------- Post added 03-16-15 at 07:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax1000 Quote
Nice collection you have there. But I can't see anything 100mm focal length and beyond?
I actually don't have any zooms that go from under 55mm to anywhere above 100mm. As far as 100mm plus lenses go, I have... a lot. 200mm prime (being used for a Single In this month, actually), 300mm primne, a crappy 400mm, even crappier 500mm, and a bunch of assorted zooms that can get me past 100mm easily. Oh yea, and five 135mm's. Those things tend to reproduce on me like coat hangers.
03-17-2015, 08:12 AM   #21
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 28
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I actually don't have any zooms that go from under 55mm to anywhere above 100mm. As far as 100mm plus lenses go, I have... a lot. 200mm prime (being used for a Single In this month, actually), 300mm primne, a crappy 400mm, even crappier 500mm, and a bunch of assorted zooms that can get me past 100mm easily. Oh yea, and five 135mm's. Those things tend to reproduce on me like coat hangers.

I have a prime lens with 1000mm in focal length, and a fixed aperture of f/10. It's a great piece of Russian engineering, if you ask me.
But none of your tripods have a chance against this guy.

Unluckily, this kind of objective lenses and tripods don't use to reproduce on me :P
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
100mm, 28mm, 50mm, apperture, collection, focus, k-mount, length, lens, lenses, pentax, pentax lens, priority, slr lens, smc, travel, zenitar
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Pentax FA 28-80mm F/3.5-5.6 Power Zoom unixrevolution Sold Items 3 07-06-2013 07:33 PM
missing switch on 28-80mm power zoom paulmboat Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 7 01-01-2012 02:13 PM
takumar-F Zoom 28-80mm Macro Gerrys Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 2 10-02-2010 06:45 PM
SIGMA 28-80mm Zoom Macro cruiserlan2000 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 7 02-16-2007 11:56 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:38 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top