"Tobogan"

Pentax-m 28mm F3.5

09-12-2019, 01:24 PM - 4 Likes   #7472
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Kiron 205mm macro with K-1

QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
A sixty year old lens shouldn't be this good. Lester Dine 105mm f2.8 matched to a K-5iis.
I believe the Kiron and Dine 105mm lenses have the same optics, but slightly different bodies. It is nice to have 1:1 macro though my flower photography seldom calls for it. Anyway, you have inspired me to do a walk around the flower garden with the K-1 and the Kiron flavor of this classic macro lens. There was still rather too much of midday sun for best results, but here goes anyway.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
09-12-2019, 01:35 PM - 4 Likes   #7473
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Building Materials

Corrugated iron was patented in 1828 and used extensively in the traditional construction of roofs in Scotland, the French however...

Well right up until 1981, built vehicles from it...

This one has been recycled from 1964, to IMHO something far more useful than a panel van.

09-12-2019, 02:28 PM - 1 Like   #7474
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I believe the Kiron and Dine 105mm lenses have the same optics, but slightly different bodies. It is nice to have 1:1 macro though my flower photography seldom calls for it. Anyway, you have inspired me to do a walk around the flower garden with the K-1 and the Kiron flavor of this classic macro lens. There was still rather too much of midday sun for best results, but here goes anyway.
Yes, I also believe they are the same formula. In fact, they are listed together in the pf lens review section.

Kiron / Lester A. Dine 105mm f2.8 Macro Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

I also shot my photos in midday sun. I don't thing this lens cares one bit what time of day you use it. It just delivers beautiful results, as displayed by your pics.

09-12-2019, 02:30 PM   #7475
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Corrugated iron was patented in 1828 and used extensively in the traditional construction of roofs in Scotland, the French however...

Well right up until 1981, built vehicles from it...

This one has been recycled from 1964, to IMHO something far more useful than a panel van.

Isn't it a Citroën van ?, Rare nowadays

Envoyé de mon Mi 9T en utilisant Tapatalk
09-12-2019, 02:33 PM - 1 Like   #7476
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by the scout Quote
Aye I believe it is a Citroën H Van, Type H, H-Type or HY panel van, it's made in 1964 and is still road worthy, it drives there for the beginning of the season and departs at the end.
09-12-2019, 05:42 PM - 1 Like   #7477
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
thank you, Paul - at first, you only notice the butterfly, right?
Right. Then,...why is the butterfly lying in the flower like that? Oh, now I see! Didn't know those little guys were capable of taking on "large prey" like that.

09-12-2019, 06:46 PM - 2 Likes   #7478
Pentaxian

Went out for some photographin' tonight. Tamron 90mm AF.

09-12-2019, 10:26 PM - 2 Likes   #7479
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Geraniums - old and new. Image 28/2.8 on *ist D:
09-12-2019, 10:45 PM - 1 Like   #7480
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Prime medium format lens

Here are some marigolds with the medium format 645Z and an old favorite prime lens, the legendary Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f 2.8.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
09-12-2019, 11:38 PM - 1 Like   #7481
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by the scout Quote

Envoyé de mon Mi 9T en utilisant Tapatalk
Yes I believe they are so rare now in France because the English keep buying them to turn into mobile food/drink stores.
09-13-2019, 01:30 AM   #7482
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Coincidentally as the 500th page approaches, I have spent some time over the last few days looking at the first 100 pages of his thread. I mean to look at the rest in the near future. Why? Because since the purchase of my 70mm Ltd, LBA seems to be deserting me and I have been seeking inspiration to re-invigorate it. So far nothing is really pulling the heart strings. The 21mm Ltd is tempting, but I am not really a WA kind of guy. Not seen any images from 3 lenses I might be interested in - K28 f3.5, K30mm f2.8 and Voigtlander 40mm SL2.
However I have been inspired to break out the K 55mm f1.8 when I get back off holiday in just over week's time. That lens really got me to appreciate the K colour rendition.
09-13-2019, 02:23 AM   #7483
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
Coincidentally as the 500th page approaches, I have spent some time over the last few days looking at the first 100 pages of his thread. I mean to look at the rest in the near future. Why? Because since the purchase of my 70mm Ltd, LBA seems to be deserting me and I have been seeking inspiration to re-invigorate it. So far nothing is really pulling the heart strings. The 21mm Ltd is tempting, but I am not really a WA kind of guy. Not seen any images from 3 lenses I might be interested in - K28 f3.5, K30mm f2.8 and Voigtlander 40mm SL2.
However I have been inspired to break out the K 55mm f1.8 when I get back off holiday in just over week's time. That lens really got me to appreciate the K colour rendition.

can't help with any of those three lenses, Richard - I only have two 28mm lenses (not one of my favorite focal lengths).... I do have a K35mm f2 that needs a good stretching, as I've never Singled with it....

the Voigtlander 40mm has always held some interest for me, just because it's an outlier (of sorts), but pricing has usually left me a bit cold on them...

back to the DA21 Limited, however.... it is a special lens with quite a bit of pixie dust packed in that tiny frame....
09-13-2019, 02:25 AM - 2 Likes   #7484
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
K-3 with DA 21mm f3.2 AL Limited

for me, the 21 Limited isn't just about the width, it makes the camera a point and shoot rather than a DSLR....
09-13-2019, 03:03 AM - 1 Like   #7485
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
can't help with any of those three lenses, Richard - I only have two 28mm lenses (not one of my favorite focal lengths).... I do have a K35mm f2 that needs a good stretching, as I've never Singled with it....

the Voigtlander 40mm has always held some interest for me, just because it's an outlier (of sorts), but pricing has usually left me a bit cold on them...

back to the DA21 Limited, however.... it is a special lens with quite a bit of pixie dust packed in that tiny frame....
I am tempted by the Voigtlander, as I have 2 of the earlier model SL, one in M42 and one in Nikon F. I really like them on their respected film cameras. The SL2 would be ideal for both my film and digital Pentax cameras, and could be financed (partly) by the sale of my Ltd 40mm and Auto Revuenon 45mm.... But getting rid of the Ltd 40 might just break my heart!
I am tempted by the 21mm as it would complete a collection of Ltd primes, but I fear I would not use it much as I am not really into wide angles. The 15mm does not see much use.
The K 28 f3.5 and 30mm would be just a pure luxury buy, as I already have the F 28mm f2.8. I do not think I would see much difference in performance between any of these 3 lenses.
So none of these lenses are justifiable to me at present. I can make a case for each of them, but I am not persuaded. Never mind I still have another 300 pagesn (I will stop at page 400) of thread to explore. Something might crop up and call out to me,