Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2020, 07:16 PM   #11491
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
0170, nice macro technique with the rust spot. throws our perspective away and makes us look at the image elements, GREAT!

11-23-2020, 07:19 PM - 6 Likes   #11492
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
so here we go:
Not too shabby, loved the pupper shot. It has a busy bokeh that some people dislike (I like it, not for every shot, but I do enjoy some heavy/busy bokeh). The 3rd shot in low light is promising. Artsy.

While I may have had shared some of the following shots here, I just have to again. These showcase the overall/general capabilities of the M 28/2.8 (at least my copy, as I've heard bad stories of the lens as well). I do not try to make a direct comparison with your new 28mm; its very unfair as I am sharing here a compendium of shots taken over 4 years (also, please I am not trying to boast, I just love the lens):

Sharpness:

Bokeh/Pop-Up subject (wide open):

Digital reds:

Infinity + Starbursts:

I always say that this is my favorite lens. But I think the reason is that it is a lens I used for months at a time about 4 years ago; a lens with which I learned a lot about photography...

Not showcased is the portraiture capability of the lens... I have many keepers of my daughter when she was about 6-8 months old and did not move a lot so it was easy to get close with the camera and snap manual shots. For baby-baby shots (non-professional) I wouldn't use any other lens. You get real close with the 28mm. (Albeit my two favorite portraits of my daughter were shot with the K 55/1.8 - she was older so I had to be further away - boy those are tak-sharp in the eyes, I've never taken shots like that again).

OK end rant, sorry folks.
11-23-2020, 08:00 PM   #11493
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WhatsMyNameAD67 Quote
Live those red/orange leaves. The colors are so vibrant. Thanks for posting!
thank you...
11-23-2020, 08:01 PM - 5 Likes   #11494
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
X-T2 with Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 24mm f3.5

11-23-2020, 08:02 PM - 1 Like   #11495
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
X-T2 with Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 24mm f3.5

11-23-2020, 08:03 PM - 2 Likes   #11496
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
K-3 with D FA 50mm f2.8 Macro

11-23-2020, 08:46 PM - 4 Likes   #11497
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a few 28/2.8 lenses - a Vivitar close-focus... wonderful colors and rendering, but it does not like sun in the frame. Then a Tamron adaptall-2, which is actually f/2.5. Another very good and solidly built lens. Then I have my old Image 28/2.8 I bought here on the marketplace about 10 yrs ago for 25 bucks. It doesn't get much love these days, so I'll need to rectify that. One of my favorites with it, using an *ist D:

11-23-2020, 09:00 PM - 1 Like   #11498
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
I have a few 28/2.8 lenses - a Vivitar close-focus... wonderful colors and rendering, but it does not like sun in the frame. Then a Tamron adaptall-2, which is actually f/2.5. Another very good and solidly built lens. Then I have my old Image 28/2.8 I bought here on the marketplace about 10 yrs ago for 25 bucks. It doesn't get much love these days, so I'll need to rectify that. One of my favorites with it, using an *ist D:

Paul that is a beautiful image. Just overall lovely. I did a bit of digging here and found some nice shots of you *ist D with the Image 28 attached to it

Now you mentioned the close-focus vivitar... I only own one close focus vivitar (a zoom), and I have to say I've never seen anything bad from those close-focus vivs.... I have a 28/2.5 (not a close-focus...) viv but it is too flat colour-wise. Then my other 28mm, a Tokina made soligor, is nice, but not in the same league as the M-Series.
11-23-2020, 09:07 PM - 1 Like   #11499
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
but not in the same league as the M-Series.
Ed, you've got a winner with your m28/2.8. I have the f/3.5, which i love, but would like to try one like yours. As if I need another 28!

One more from the *ist D + Image 28 combo from 2015:

Last edited by paulh; 11-23-2020 at 09:30 PM.
11-23-2020, 09:57 PM   #11500
Pentaxian

Anyone know of a cheap, extremely striking starburst lens? Doesn't have to be sharp in the slightest, just wanted to experiment with some stuff.

And by cheap I mean anything not over 100 but pref under 50.
11-24-2020, 12:23 AM - 1 Like   #11501
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
And by cheap I mean anything not over 100 but pref under 50.
A Tak? Maybe under $50.... 3.5/35mm SMC...

11-24-2020, 04:42 AM - 2 Likes   #11502
Pentaxian

CZJ Sonnar 135

Sun shining thru rose petals. This was taken through a window. I am just wow'ed by the colour intensity and the way the colours grade from cream to dark pink. M42 mount on Pentax K-70, out-of-camera jpeg, no tweaks at all.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
11-24-2020, 05:01 AM - 1 Like   #11503
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Not too shabby, loved the pupper shot. It has a busy bokeh that some people dislike (I like it, not for every shot, but I do enjoy some heavy/busy bokeh). The 3rd shot in low light is promising. Artsy.

While I may have had shared some of the following shots here, I just have to again. These showcase the overall/general capabilities of the M 28/2.8 (at least my copy, as I've heard bad stories of the lens as well). I do not try to make a direct comparison with your new 28mm; its very unfair as I am sharing here a compendium of shots taken over 4 years (also, please I am not trying to boast, I just love the lens):

Sharpness:

Bokeh/Pop-Up subject (wide open):

Digital reds:

Infinity + Starbursts:

I always say that this is my favorite lens. But I think the reason is that it is a lens I used for months at a time about 4 years ago; a lens with which I learned a lot about photography...

Not showcased is the portraiture capability of the lens... I have many keepers of my daughter when she was about 6-8 months old and did not move a lot so it was easy to get close with the camera and snap manual shots. For baby-baby shots (non-professional) I wouldn't use any other lens. You get real close with the 28mm. (Albeit my two favorite portraits of my daughter were shot with the K 55/1.8 - she was older so I had to be further away - boy those are tak-sharp in the eyes, I've never taken shots like that again).

oh no, don't apologize for the rant - keep it up.....

I'll work the Pentacon out the rest of this week and see what turns up (hopefully some sunshine)....
11-24-2020, 05:32 AM - 2 Likes   #11504
Pentaxian

That is not a rant, Ed, it is the showcase this lens deserves, even with no portraits. Terrific shots.

And yes, I love my K 55/f1.8 also - isn't it really a Tak with a different mount?
11-24-2020, 05:43 AM - 2 Likes   #11505
Pentaxian

Eyemik 28mm f2.8 on Sony A7ii shot fullframe

Paul isn't the only one with oddball 28s. This rarity was in an estate sale when I went to look at a Yashinon DS 50mm. I bought it for about $20 to help an old guy get rid of some stuff. It is big and heavy, with a 58mm thread. I have an even bigger MD-mount Soligor 28mm f2.8 with a 62mm thread, and that gets even less use.

A bit of research suggests it was built my Mitake, so it likley also pops up as a Mitakon, or Formula 5 or about a dozen other rebrands.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7M2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7M2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7M2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7M2  Photo