Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Konica/Minolta

i just bought a kiron 28-105 f2.8-4.5 and the mount says K/AR on it. i thought that meant pentax/ricoh. well i get home and it will not mount on my DS. ivestigated the mount and now i know that this lens in for a Konica. my question is, are the konica and minolta lens mounts the same? i'll be ebaying this perfect lens and want to list it correctly.

02-03-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
Inactive Account

No they are not.
Konica made their own stuff before merging with Minolta. The old manual focus Minolta mount is similar to the Konica mount but the latch is not centered as the Konica AR-mount (look at one of the flanges and you see a notch there).

Third part lenses for Pentax are often called PK-mount. Be very careful with PK/AR-mounts - those are Ricoh things very close to Pentax, will mount and lock but in some cases they get stuck as a pin will fit perfectly to the Pentax AF drive shaft...
02-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #3
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thanks jonas. i'll list it under konica. this was a disappointment. i've been looking for a copy and this one is LN+. i have a pentax copy but the glass was listed as clear and it's not. seller refunded my money and told me to just do whatever with the lens. it has some haze on the focus elements. should be able to clean it if i knew how to get inside it.
roy