Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-24-2015, 08:10 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Imaging Resource Article on Ricoh Aero Bright II Lens Coating

I didn't see this posted yet, but Imaging Resource has a nice explanatory article on the Aero Bright II lens coating. You need to scroll down a bit, but the article starts w/ a discussion of the pixel-shifting technology being developed by Ricoh to increase resolution. (While they anticipate that it will be featured on the new FF camera, there is even the suggestion that it could be implemented in existing cameras via firmware updates. Now that would be something!)
Article is HERE.
More info too on how Ricoh dealing w/ skin tones and on the new "clarity" feature.

Last edited by mgvh; 03-24-2015 at 08:21 AM.
03-24-2015, 08:26 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The pixel shifting is interesting, but the lens coating information is much, much, more exciting. Thanks for the link... (lens coating part is WAY down the page)

Steve
03-24-2015, 08:36 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
But wait, there's more!

Yeah that one article is chock full of stuff.
03-24-2015, 09:18 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ricoh Rules.

03-24-2015, 11:03 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Ricoh Rules.
No s$#/...they are the best thing that ever happened to pentax! Ive said it before and Ill say it again: when I read that they bought pentax less the medical side of things, I did a happy dance.

I find it hard to believe that this slipped between the cracks at IR. Feels more like a slow trickle of info intended to keep us excited and guessing.
03-25-2015, 12:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Aerobright II is HD on SMC, at least from what I can remember from the original press release on the new 70-200. I suspect the performance graph of the curves is showing a "traditional multi coat" the same as when HD came out and not the performance of SMC, which is significantly better.