Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-27-2015, 02:25 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Intervention

Hello, my name is Troy and I'm on a legacy lens buying spree. I'm not really expecting help from you lot, but I thought I'd take the first step.

In my defense...I think I'm making some good buys and I know that someone here will take anything off of my hands that I end up not wanting to keep...

...oh lookie there, now I'm back to rationalizing my behavior.

03-27-2015, 02:40 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by troika Quote
I'm not really expecting help from you lot,
It's a good thing because we pride ourselves on not helping people overcome LBA.
03-27-2015, 02:42 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not even the very strongest amongst us has found the cure.
03-27-2015, 02:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

With luck, we'll each have extras of the lenses someone else needs, thus legitimizing our own LBA while encouraging others.

03-27-2015, 03:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Running our of money wont even help......you will just turn int a "Trader"....lol.
There is no known cure.....lots of luck !
BTW...post up pics of recent addictions...I mean additions....that's the proper PF protocol.
03-27-2015, 03:19 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Will do.

I started another thread on the Tokina AT-X 100-300/4 that I picked up recently, a-contacts, case, original caps, minty. $170. It's extraordinary, I'll never regret that purchase. I almost giggle when I take photos with it because it's so good. I haven't photographed anything interesting with it, but I will post some output when I do, baseball season is upon us. It replaces a very cheap RMC Tokina that was actually quite good, but I'm happy with the upgrade.

I just bought a Sigma 90/2.8 Macro manual focus lens for less than $100. Original box, original caps and the diopter that gets it from 1:2 to 1:1. Not a ton of info on this lens, but what there is is positive and I've been seeing it for nearly $200 without the 1:1 filter thing. I have an M 100/4 which is a very good lens, but I find that I don't use it for non-macro photos and I think with the wider aperture I will for things like jazz clubs and kids school stuff and maybe even some kids indoor sports (I'm a huge Catch in Focus dude). From a macro standpoint, I also get to 1:1 and I'm hoping the a-contacts make using macro flash options easier. I know that I could figure out how to stop the M lens down to compensate for the flash, but ... well you know. I handled the corresponding Sigma 50mm macro one time and was quite impressed with the build and photos.

In the end, I know it's worth more than my investment, so I'll be okay.

I like finding good bargains because one of these days I'll want to pop for something expensive.