Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2015, 08:30 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cadmus Quote

the lens band also does a nice job of keeping rain out of the mount seam (seam between camera and lens), so that is nice.
It does fit in there, but it won't do much for creep in that position -- needs to be half-on (the part that moves), half-off (the part that doesn't) at an angle.

06-06-2015, 09:19 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
...An aftermarket Katzeye or other focus screen would also help...
I would never own a camera without one.

---------- Post added 06-06-15 at 10:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
It does fit in there, but it won't do much for creep in that position -- needs to be half-on (the part that moves), half-off (the part that doesn't) at an angle.
Yeah, I noticed that is how it is shown in the product photos. So, that is how i had it often. And it kinda works in that position but it is pretty wonky. I will deal with it. It is a design flaw that should have been fixed by the lens designers not a rubber-band.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
18-250mm f3.5-6.3 dc, af, band, bike, creep, dc macro hsm, f3.5-6.3 dc macro, focus, focus screen, k-mount, lens, lenses, mf, pain, pentax lens, position, return, reviews, seam, shots, sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3, slr lens, switch, tamron, tamron 18-250s, tamron lens creep