Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2015, 05:47 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Another secret is to avoid eBay. Shopgoodwill.com is one of the sources of lenses that are being sold on eBay. Avoid the middle man by bidding on them there. It is a bigger gamble though as the people who work at Goodwill know nothing about cameras or lenses. If there is something wrong with the lens the return policy is basically "Well you can donate it back to us".
If shopgoodwill can sent item to indonesia i will buy at there

04-02-2015, 05:56 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mixberry Quote
If shopgoodwill can sent item to indonesia i will buy at there
Shipping is up to the individual Goodwill stores that are selling. Most specify No International Shipments.
04-02-2015, 07:02 AM   #18
Veteran Member

As mentioned, by far the easiest way is to look for SF10's. More specifically, *broken* SF10's. People will be trying to unload them, and the less savvy sellers will just leave its kit lens (the 35-70...) on the camera. Most people will see that stupidly short focal length, feel how light and plasticy the lens is and figure its a junk kit lens. Then you buy the camera as a BIN for $30 + shipping and enjoy your lens when it comes in.
04-02-2015, 07:05 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Another secret is to avoid eBay. Shopgoodwill.com is one of the sources of lenses that are being sold on eBay. Avoid the middle man by bidding on them there. It is a bigger gamble though as the people who work at Goodwill know nothing about cameras or lenses. If there is something wrong with the lens the return policy is basically "Well you can donate it back to us".
Ive personally had some really bad luck with Goodwill. Like you say...they know next to nothing about cameras , lenses , and cant even take half good pics most of the time. A lot of Goodwill stores are now selling on Ebay too....Just a thought.

---------- Post added 04-02-15 at 10:09 PM ----------

i want 70-210 but in Indonesia very hard to have it
I sell on Ebay so if you really want something just PM me and I will see what I can do. I have no problem shipping overseas for/to a Forum Member here. But everything must go through Ebay and PayPal.

04-02-2015, 07:18 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Ive personally had some really bad luck with Goodwill. Like you say...they know next to nothing about cameras , lenses , and cant even take half good pics most of the time. A lot of Goodwill stores are now selling on Ebay too....Just a thought.
I've been burned a few times, but I've learned who to buy from and who not to. No stores in Arizona, Florida, most of the south really...
04-02-2015, 08:23 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
As mentioned, by far the easiest way is to look for SF10's. More specifically, *broken* SF10's. People will be trying to unload them, and the less savvy sellers will just leave its kit lens (the 35-70...) on the camera. Most people will see that stupidly short focal length, feel how light and plasticy the lens is and figure its a junk kit lens. Then you buy the camera as a BIN for $30 + shipping and enjoy your lens when it comes in.

Interesting... Are there more similar hints (leading to different lenses) you could recommend?
04-02-2015, 08:40 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
Interesting... Are there more similar hints (leading to different lenses) you could recommend?
The Super Program (Super A) often have A 50/1.4s, but usually the 50/1.7. I got my 1.4 on a Super Program and a 1.7, 28/2.8 and 135/2.8 with another.

The KX and KM usually have a K 55/1.8, and they usually cost less than a K1000 with a 50/2

The SF series is a good place to find the F 50/1.7 as well.

The P series cameras often have F lenses too. My 35-135 was on a P30T. It was a Craigslist find. Guy wanted $50 but it was a 200 mile round trip in the middle of a bad winter. So I asked him if he would ship it if I gave him $75 and he said yes.
04-02-2015, 08:43 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I've been burned a few times, but I've learned who to buy from and who not to. No stores in Arizona, Florida, most of the south really...
And Im just the opposite...NO Florida stores ! Too much fungus issues.
Now Arizona I love....but then again its a walk in situation there many times. Lots of good stuff in the Sun City Area....lots !

04-02-2015, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #24

---------- Post added 04-02-15 at 10:09 PM ----------

I sell on Ebay so if you really want something just PM me and I will see what I can do. I have no problem shipping overseas for/to a Forum Member here. But everything must go through Ebay and PayPal.
thank you very much for your help, i will contact you if i need some lenses, and i think i must save some money for LBA
04-02-2015, 08:47 AM   #25
Veteran Member

thank you very much for your help, i will contact you if i need some lenses, and i think i must save some money for LBA
I overcame my LBA a couple days ago.....But today I keep finding myself looking at 35-135 and 35-105 thanks to Boriscleto.....lol.
04-02-2015, 08:47 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And Im just the opposite...NO Florida stores ! Too much fungus issues.
Now Arizona I love....but then again its a walk in situation there many times. Lots of good stuff in the Sun City Area....lots !
I've been burned several times by stores in Arizona. Never again.
04-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #27
Veteran Member

like this one...... Vintage Pentax SF10 35mm Film Camera with Pentax SMC Zoom 1 3 5 4 5 35 70mm Lens | eBay
04-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Man, they have a Bigma for sale as-is on there. I don't think I'd be that brave enough to even think of bidding much more than lunch money on that thing.
04-02-2015, 06:10 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Man, they have a Bigma for sale as-is on there. I don't think I'd be that brave enough to even think of bidding much more than lunch money on that thing.
Im telling you guys....prices are going up on these things !
Its not two or three years ago and cheap....Pentax FF announcement has changed a lot !
04-02-2015, 06:14 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Im telling you guys....prices are going up on these things !
Its not two or three years ago and cheap....Pentax FF announcement has changed a lot !
Its a Canon Bigma, bit still. Over $300 for something sold as-is? As in, get it and it's junk? No thanks on that...

Right now I'm set for FF when it arrives should I choose to get it. I only have two non FF lenses in my vast collection of junk. The 18-55 doesn't count, and I think I can use the Sigma 10-20 from about 13mm upwards, which on FF is an insanely wide focal length. I'm good. LOL