04-03-2015, 07:42 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Conqueror Quote
when you experience the rendering/output of the FA 31mm you won't look back
absolutely true ^^

04-03-2015, 07:58 AM   #17
Veteran Member

...and of course you will forever be thinking "what if" you don't get the 31mm, it will eat away at you!
04-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #18

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photodesignch Quote
if
The biggest two letter word in the dictionary!
04-06-2015, 05:53 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Conqueror Quote
The Sigma may have some numbers on the FA 31 - but when you experience the rendering/output of the FA 31mm you won't look back. It's also a nice lens to handle... To me the sigma produces a more clinical looking rendering. I also prefer Pentax colours... (A lot of this paragraph is subjective YMMV)
I don't mind the Sigma's handling. It's a bit on the heavy side, for sure, but it's right at that limit of unreasonable. I never feel tired carrying it.

The Sigma's rendering seems to depend a lot on the shooting conditions. Sometimes, it blurs wonderfully. Other times...not so much. As for the colors, they're very "digital"--very bold, punchy, and clean. It's a definitive look. The sharpness...wow. It's hyperreal. I have 20/15 vision and what the camera captures blows away what my eyes can see.

I also have FA77 and it has a dreamy type rendering. I think the FA31 is similar. I will pick up the FA31 at some point too. I want to try some portraiture with it.

04-07-2015, 07:51 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I think the FA77 has better dreamy rendering than the FA31 but it has longer FL so maybe that's the way it is ^^ the FA 31 is great in its league (normal-wide) though, portraiture with FA31 has both that nice surounding and the smooth bokeh => nothing to complain