Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #1

I Got MINE!!! 50-135 is here

Ok so I'm a big kid and I admit to watching the UPS tracking web site all day to see when my new 50-135 would arrive. I was thrilled to find it waiting for me when I got home. I'm really impressed with the quality of the build of this lens and how compact it is. It's raining today so my cat's were the subject of my first quick snaps.

Attached Images

06-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MShawn63 Quote
Ok so I'm a big kid and I admit to watching the UPS tracking web site all day to see when my new 50-135 would arrive. I was thrilled to find it waiting for me when I got home. I'm really impressed with the quality of the build of this lens and how compact it is. It's raining today so my cat's were the subject of my first quick snaps.
They don't seem as impressed as they should be. LOL
06-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A few months back I stopped shooting my cats using a flash. I figured, what good is a cat if it can't see? lol

Seriously, their eyes are so light sensitive that I figured I was destroying them with the flash.. Though, I'd flash them buggers had I just got a new DA* 50-135!! Kudos!!
06-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #4

Original Poster
Most of the time they look at my like "Oh god not again" and put up with it. I just installed the 1.3 firmware update and it's amazing how fast the lens focuses and the silence is deafening!!!

I did try to photograph my son, but he displayed an irreverent hand gesture which of course I snapped but will refain from posting here out of good taste.

06-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Glad to hear you love the new lens!@

It's also good to hear I'm not the only person that tracks shipments like a hawk!

For the last five deliveries in a row, the guy hasn't even had to ring my door-bell, I've opened my door just as he's approaching

Yes, I'm sick I know!

(awaiting my Tamron 28-75 tomorrow!! woot)
06-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think it depends on the cat. One of my cats can be a little camera-shy while the other one wants to get in every picture I take inside the house, regardless of whether or not I want her in the picture.

Here's an example of this--I posted this pic in another post, but she insisted on getting in the kit. Maybe I have a "Vanna Cat" on my hands.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-accessories/28730-monopod-tripod-both-3.html

Heather

PS--I'm also a little kid at heart, although I'm not usually home when the mail or UPS shows up.
06-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #7

Original Poster
Cputeg, I had the UPS site up all day and kept hitting refresh, 6:45 am the package arrived at the depot, out at 8:45 for delivery and delivered at 3:25 this afternoon. It is a sickness but I don't want to be cured. Everytime I buy something new it's like Christmas.

Hwblanks, I think cats are a lot like people, some enjoy being the center of attention and others want nothing to do with it. My one on the pillow is a ham and makes faces at me when I take her picture.

Shawn
06-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #8
Igilligan

WHAT are you crazy! you've got a weather sealed K10d and a weather sealed DA 50-135.... Get out in that rain and give us a real test!

Actually dont sweat it... If you counted al the cat and lens box shots that showed up as the "first" shots.... It would have to be approaching 75%

Congrats on the lens. It is my next zoom.

06-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #9
Forum Member

It's raining today so my cat's were the subject of my first quick snaps.
Could have tested the weather seals huh?

QuoteOriginally posted by cputeq Quote
Glad to hear you love the new lens!@

It's also good to hear I'm not the only person that tracks shipments like a hawk!

For the last five deliveries in a row, the guy hasn't even had to ring my door-bell, I've opened my door just as he's approaching

Yes, I'm sick I know!

(awaiting my Tamron 28-75 tomorrow!! woot)
That'ssick
06-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's not sick, it's normal. We can see the truck for a block and a half from the bay window. Not that I look - no, never ....
06-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #11

Original Poster
I thought about playing in the rain, but I did a really good seal test on my K10 (mine was built in 2006) last year on the beach. I was waist deep in the water with my Sigma 135-400 attached and got hit by a very large wave while taking pictures of my kids on their boogie boards. A little fresh water rinse and a toweling and I was back in the water. When we hit the beach this year you can bet the new lens will be on the camera.

With the weekend coming I'm going to try to get out and shoot more. I wish I had this for the event I shot on Sunday. It was an outdoor cancer fundraiser where I took a little over 300 pictures, just finished processing them tonight.

Now I need to start saving for my flash and pancake lenses.
06-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #12

Original Poster
Hey Rockies, Sounds like normal behavior for a full grown kid to me.