Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2015, 10:59 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Waow, I need so time to read and re-read your post.

04-03-2015, 10:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
How did you manage to do that? I'd be interested.
There is a basic video on Youtube.....I will post a link but it didn't work for me the way it shows. I tried to use a teleconverter but ditched that suggested idea and used a lot of testing and close inspection of images. Once I located oo It was a simple couple screws and moving the hard stop.
Let me find the link and I will post.....LINK
Its in Spanish but there is a English version somewhere. Once calibrated the factory distance scale is very very close to exact.

---------- Post added 04-04-15 at 02:02 PM ----------

Waow, I need so time to read and re-read your post.
Sorry about that...Im tired and had to edit several times.
04-03-2015, 11:06 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah ok! Thank a lot Dlanor Sekao.
04-03-2015, 11:22 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Ah ok! Thank a lot Dlanor Sekao.
No problem. The thing is when you get this lens check it carefully for decentered or soft optics. Just stick it about 5-6 feet from a flat fence or wall with texture , set it at 5.6 (sharpest aperture) , focus with camera , and closely inspect the image edges and center to make sure its a good copy. If it isn't return it for another and try again.
I lucked out the first time but if I hadn't would have returned it for another try with a different copy. Some people have reported they had to try 3 and 4 times before they got a good copy.....I didn't and mine was fine.

---------- Post added 04-04-15 at 02:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
when I get me some dollars getting a 14/2.8 prolly the bower version and I currently use a sears 28/2.8 with satisfactory results to me
Ive got a Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 I use all the time for B&W portraits. Its not the best lens out there for sure , but gives a nice rendition Im looking for. It was really expensive and I think it will be a while forgetting that $5......lol.
I used the Sears 28mm in the past. Its actually quite good !

Here is also some info on Adjusting infinity hard stop on the 14mm Samyang , Bower.
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1280415

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 04-03-2015 at 11:59 PM.
04-04-2015, 01:09 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I still like my Zenitar 16/2.8 Fisheye as a general-use wide angle on APS-C. Strangely it is quite up to being used on my K-3.

A huge +1 to that. Nothing else comes close to the Zenitar for bang per buck. The fisheye effect is minimal on APS-C and can easily be defished in pp. Stopped down a bit, it's very sharp indeed.

The Zenitar's only real problem is that people refuse to believe that such a cheap Russian lens can be so good.