Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2015, 08:54 PM   #16
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
QuoteOriginally posted by transam879 Quote
When I see errors I just send the seller a message. After reading this post I sent them a message this morning and just received a reply that he ended the listing because of the error.
Its just an Ebay thing....multiple pics and listings got mixed up. He is very nice and I have done business with him in the past.
He just sent an email explaining and thanking me and ended auction. The man is human ....give him a break ! Thank God we all got eyeballs and could see the obvious problem. Nobodys perfect.

04-04-2015, 10:04 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 651
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
He just sent an email explaining and thanking me and ended auction. The man is human ....give him a break ! Thank God we all got eyeballs and could see the obvious problem. Nobodys perfect.
I think you took my post the wrong way, by sending "them" a message, I was referring to the seller, not eBay. I sent the seller a courteous message advising him to look over his listing realizing it most likely was a mix up. The seller chose to end the listing, not ebay. He sent a polite message in return thanking for the info and stated that he ended the listing, probably to revise it as needed. So I did give him a break and realize that we all make mistakes, as I have made mistakes as well in listings. But I'm guessing that you posted "to give him a break" because my post might have appeared as though I sent ebay a message when in fact I sent him a private message. I apologize if it came across differently.
04-04-2015, 10:37 PM   #18
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
QuoteOriginally posted by transam879 Quote
I think you took my post the wrong way, by sending "them" a message, I was referring to the seller, not eBay. I sent the seller a courteous message advising him to look over his listing realizing it most likely was a mix up. The seller chose to end the listing, not ebay. He sent a polite message in return thanking for the info and stated that he ended the listing, probably to revise it as needed. So I did give him a break and realize that we all make mistakes, as I have made mistakes as well in listings. But I'm guessing that you posted "to give him a break" because my post might have appeared as though I sent ebay a message when in fact I sent him a private message. I apologize if it came across differently.
No....It wasn't you at all...... It was someone else that has a past history of crucifying anyone they can on stuff like this...... No need to apologize at all. Im the one that came across wrong as Im too tired to think right now.....lol.
04-04-2015, 10:43 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,092
QuoteOriginally posted by transam879 Quote
When I see errors I just send the seller a message. After reading this post I sent them a message this morning and just received a reply that he ended the listing because of the error.
...and that's the appropriate outcome.

---------- Post added 5th Apr 2015 at 03:53 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
No....It wasn't you at all...... It was someone else that has a past history of crucifying anyone they can on stuff like this...... No need to apologize at all. Im the one that came across wrong as Im too tired to think right now.....lol.
That's a bit harsh. I don't think anyone here has any intention of "crucifying" anyone, but by the same token, no-one likes others to be misled, intentionally or not, and the longer incorrect information stays on a site like eBay, the more likely someone is to believe it. You have to give people reasonable time to correct things after errors are pointed out, and if they don't you have the option of reporting it. That's hardly crucifixion.

04-04-2015, 11:11 PM   #20
Veteran Member
p38arover's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Western Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,085
QuoteOriginally posted by transam879 Quote
When I see errors I just send the seller a message.
I've done the same - and had semi-abusive replies, e.g., what concern is it of mine, none of your business, etc. Others have been happy to have been told.

Last edited by p38arover; 04-04-2015 at 11:20 PM.
04-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 651
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
You have to give people reasonable time to correct things after errors are pointed out
An important point. And the seller was rather quick to respond. Recognizing that people around the world list items, whether here or on other sites, it was around night-time in Japan when this was pointed out here and when the seller responded to the error it was around morning-time.
04-05-2015, 05:28 AM   #22
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
QuoteOriginally posted by transam879 Quote
An important point. And the seller was rather quick to respond. Recognizing that people around the world list items, whether here or on other sites, it was around night-time in Japan when this was pointed out here and when the seller responded to the error it was around morning-time.
Right ! There is a huge time difference. Again , sorry for the confusion over my post as nothing was directed negatively towards you.
For what its worth this man is shipping my last lens in the SMC-K line that I needed. If there is something I want or need I just tell him and he finds it sooner or later and Emails me.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
errors, im, k-mount, message, pentax lens, post, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
eBay auctions? cooltouch General Talk 2 03-29-2015 11:09 AM
eBay tips pntxjack General Talk 33 01-15-2014 08:12 PM
Ebay lenses dweller01 Pentax K-30 & K-50 20 12-14-2013 07:48 AM
Ebay special! sam-joseph Pentax DSLR Discussion 5 06-16-2013 08:59 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:02 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top