Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The Ricoh (vivitar?) 2X Macro-Focusing TC

I wrote up a description of the Ricoh version of the Vivitar 2xmftc (hah!) on my blog because I was unable to find much info regarding this thinger before getting it.

The short-short version... I'm pretty sure it's the Vivitar rebranded, and it has the spring/ball style of "Ricoh pin" and seems to present no risk of getting stuck on my K200D (though it was a bit nerve racking PROVING that it wouldn't stick!). EDIT: See below for a warning that I may have just been lucky so far with the sticking issue... And I have been so far unable to get really satisfying photos from it (though the blog post lists a litany of reasons why this is probably my fault rather than that of the TC.)

I figured I'd post here so that others who come across one might be able to find out a bit about it.

Last edited by heliphoto; 06-06-2008 at 07:36 AM.
06-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have one of these and it certainly got stuck on my K10D.
Took me ages to get it off and I then proceeded to remove the pin.
Since then it has been fine, although I hardly use it and have just won a Vivitar PK/A version on Ebay for $50.
06-06-2008, 06:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow, that's bad news to hear it go stuck. Did it work for a while and then one day get stuck or did it stick the first time you used it?
06-06-2008, 07:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Worked for a while and then one day it stuck.

06-06-2008, 07:34 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok, looks like surgery is in order before I use this again. Thanks for the warning!
06-07-2008, 01:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Mine is Teleplus one, PK/A version, most likely made by Kenko. It also had the "ricoh pin". It worked fine on DS, never got stuck, but it got stuck on K10D the first time I used it. luckly with a little force I was able to take it out. Now the pin is removed.
06-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
Forum Member

Interesting this pin; I purchased the K10D just over a year ago to replace my Ricoh XR-M & immediatly on returning home, fitted the three lens I had (Ricoh, Tokina & Tamron) with no problem; lucky me as I had no knowledge of a problem.

The pin seems to "land" on top of a screw & I'm wondering if the that screw is turned slightly in a different direction during manufacture changes the orientation enough to cause, not cause, the problem. I wonder if a metalic epoxy could be used to smooth out that area?

Last edited by jibbonpoint; 06-07-2008 at 05:35 PM. Reason: spelling
06-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Its actually not a bad little converter.

50mm F1/7, closest I can get is this.

With the converter ....

That's the top flower.

I am selling mine soon as I should hopefully be getting my Vivitar PK/A version any time now.
06-10-2008, 11:36 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
[I] have just won a Vivitar PK/A version on Ebay for $50.
Great find! I've seen 'em go for as high as $130. I'm quite happy with mine, although I haven't had much time to play around with it. I keep meaning to...