Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2015, 12:58 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Can you still use the lens in M and Av modes
I usually use it in M mode with exposure based on trial and error when the strange behavior happens.

Steve

05-09-2015, 08:39 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You should only short the "data/digital info" contact to avoid sending mixed signals to the body. See image below from Dimitrov's K-mount site:

Steve
As there is a lip around the outside of the lens on my Chinon 200mm, I scraped the anodise off in the area as shown by Stevebrot's post, (didn't see a need to stick conductive adhesive tape to the lens) and it's now stopping down a treat.
05-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Update: woohoo! I have a working 28mm lens now! Stunning IQ!

I have a chinon 28mm f2.8 that behaves exactly like described here. So all it takes is for me to scrape the paint off the mount?

Last edited by CNunez; 05-09-2015 at 11:11 AM.
05-16-2015, 02:28 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CNunez Quote
Update: woohoo! I have a working 28mm lens now! Stunning IQ!

I have a chinon 28mm f2.8 that behaves exactly like described here. So all it takes is for me to scrape the paint off the mount?
It worked for me. I also have a Vivitar 1.5x-22 teleconverter with the mount anodised. I will scrape the paint off to match the required contact and then I should be able to use this at any f stop......I hope.

09-20-2019, 05:23 AM   #20

Hi,
I have the same problem on a black-anodized flange on an old Porst 55mm f1.2 mounted on a k-70 body, with firmware version 1.11

Using "M" mode, with the camera set to allow the use of the aperture ring, fixed ISO setting: the green button works intermittently, probably due to a not good contact.

I scratched the flange in correspondence of where the digital communication contact is (exactly opposite to the red dot). This was sufficient to let the camera aknowledge that a lens is attached.
Now the green button correctly stops-down the iris when it should.
Thanks for the thread, it helped me a lot.
Leodp
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
EVA-L09  Photo 
09-20-2019, 06:01 AM   #21
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

as an alternative to scraping, you could also use conductive tape in the spot suggested, as seen on my Porst 55/1.2:

10-06-2019, 10:05 AM   #22

Glad I found this, I have 3 lenses and worked out what I thought was going on as one has no paint and works the other two have paint and don't work, off to Amazon now to find some tape (as thin as possible)

thanks all

02-21-2024, 05:15 AM   #23

thx you, it solves the stop down issue on two of my lens...by scraping ( am using K-70)

thx you

i suppose some newbie ( same as me) may benefit from this post greatly