Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-16-2015, 10:53 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Also, I might add, I use as my main PP software, Olympus Viewer II. I DO NOT shoot RAW and WILL NOT get into a discussion of how much better of I'd be if I were to do so. I'm very content to plod along shooting JPeg and using my tried and true, cheap little software program that came with a little P&S camera of a couple of years ago. If you haven't tried it, you might want to do so before you discount it as not worth the time of day. It's a free download on the Internet. You might be very pleasantly surprised. You don't have to have a $600 program to get some pretty darn good PP results.
I too shoot mainly in JPG. I also process exclusively on my Chromebook at the moment. It has been a challenge at times but mostly quite reasonable. I had fun looking at these.

BTW - is the EXIF data on Focal length representative of what you shot this at or were these all shot near the same Focal Length and the EXIF data used to remember which lens was which?

04-16-2015, 12:05 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 08amczb Quote
Nice challenge
I say:
28-200
F35-70
50 macro
50 1.8
This was exactly my guess as well. I went by DOF...
04-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was an unfair challenge because the OP varried the aperture between shots, and did not make use of the maximum aperture for effect, but interestingly, it showed that for zzooms the DOF is NOT only aperture dependemt. as you can see the last photo was shot at F11 acording to the EXIF but has much less FOD than the other lenses.
04-16-2015, 12:16 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
It was an unfair challenge because the OP varried the aperture between shots, and did not make use of the maximum aperture for effect, but interestingly, it showed that for zzooms the DOF is NOT only aperture dependemt. as you can see the last photo was shot at F11 acording to the EXIF but has much less FOD than the other lenses.
It also shows that last shot was at 200mm which would account for the reduced depth of field.

04-16-2015, 12:25 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, I must admit, I kinda' screwed up when I inadvertently failed to reset the aperture to f:11 on one shot. My bad. Next time, I'll do better.... but you'ze guys did good on guessing which was which. But, you've got to admit, there wasn't a whole lot of difference between them..... right? And yes, the EXIF data is correct as far as the focal length. Although the Tamron WAS shot at 200mm, it was in "close focus" mode..... so.... take that into account.