Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-16-2015, 03:42 PM   #1

RMC Tokina Help!

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi There, I need help!

I have searched and searched for info on this lens I picked up at an op-shop a year ago...then had another baby...now starting to look into it again...

I know it's obviously, an RMC Tokina 20mm f/2.8, but I cant figure out what mount this is, and if I need to buy an adapter ring for my K-30!

I've read the review page on this site, so am pretty sure it's a PK or PKA mount, as the page says...but just need an answer for a baby brained lady!

I'll attach some quick photos, and could somebody PLEASSSSSE tell me a) what mount this is, b) if I'll be able to buy an adapter ring for my K-30, and c) which adapter?

As I've said, I have researched a bit, but for some reason just cant figure out concretely what I need! Any help is greatly appreciated!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
04-16-2015, 04:17 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by abi91 Quote
Hi There, I need help!

I have searched and searched for info on this lens I picked up at an op-shop a year ago...then had another baby...now starting to look into it again...

I know it's obviously, an RMC Tokina 20mm f/2.8, but I cant figure out what mount this is, and if I need to buy an adapter ring for my K-30!

I've read the review page on this site, so am pretty sure it's a PK or PKA mount, as the page says...but just need an answer for a baby brained lady!

I'll attach some quick photos, and could somebody PLEASSSSSE tell me a) what mount this is, b) if I'll be able to buy an adapter ring for my K-30, and c) which adapter?

As I've said, I have researched a bit, but for some reason just cant figure out concretely what I need! Any help is greatly appreciated!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
OM system for olympus film camera. best to just sell it and get a pentax mount lens. I don't think there are any adapters for om to pk
You could use a 52mm reverse adapter for macro use.

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 04-16-2015 at 04:29 PM.
04-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1 OM
for future reference:

SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide
04-16-2015, 04:44 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
OM system for olympus film camera. best to just sell it and get a pentax mount lens. I don't think there are any adapters for om to pk
You could use a 52mm reverse adapter for macro use.
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
+1 OM
for future reference:

SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide
Thanks to both! Now you've mentioned the OM mount, yeah! That's what I figured last year when I was knee deep reading up on the different mounts, doh! I know you can get adapters for Canons, so I'll just give it to my Mum as that's what she uses! She'll have fun with it. THANKS so much for the speedy reply!!!!!!!

04-16-2015, 06:31 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

The om is perfect for reversing because of the built in aperture preview button
52mm Macro Reverse Adapter Ring for Pentax K PK Mount | eBay
04-16-2015, 07:06 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
The om is perfect for reversing because of the built in aperture preview button
52mm Macro Reverse Adapter Ring for Pentax K PK Mount | eBay
Ah of course! Sometimes I think I'm a bit of a twit. So basically I'd screw the thread onto the lens (duh), then could attach the lens via the attached adapter ring. THANKS! I've always needed things like this spelled out to me in HUGE letters, lol! Now you have enlightened me, I'll never forget to think of this again! Cheers!
04-18-2015, 04:20 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not suitable for this problem, but for selected original OM lenses Leitax offers kits to exchange the mount to PK.

Olympus OM lens for Pentax cameras