Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2015, 01:43 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I just ran across this post (put up about 3:00pm CDT April 19th = GMT-6) by asahi man on another Forum, in answer to the oft-asked question
"The current FA Limited line is out of production for minimum 2 Years!!!

Some markets got the rest of stock and sell them out.

Japan and US are the last markets,in Europe it is not possible anymore to order the FA limiteds.

Of course Pentax will stay with the Limidet Line,so we will see new Limiteds for Fullframe for sure

More later in the official news.

But next news are about K-3II.

Best regards
"
If you ever had any intention to get the originals NIB you might want to pull the trigger soon.
Didn't we already have this conversation?

04-20-2015, 01:44 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Limiteds are DOOMED
04-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Sigh. I guess it's time to start looking for an FA 77 before the prices zoom into the stratosphere.
04-20-2015, 02:43 PM   #34
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess they are being re-made. So that's not too bad then.

04-20-2015, 02:46 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
It is simply not true. It is very possible to order more FA limited lenses, at least from amazon France, Pentax dedicated shop in Paris (Objectif smc FA 31mm f/1,8 AL Limited) and many other distributors.
Oh oh,sorry,that's absolutely true.
I think you have nothing to to with Pentax trade and sales?
Do you have the order lists,the dealer prices and road maps?
Don't think so.
Pentax Paris is Pentax France and Pentax France is Pentax Europe.
No dealer out of France can order these limited lenses,but extra for you,I will call Pentax Europe and Japan for order.
Best regards

---------- Post added 20-04-15 at 23:49 ----------

My last try to order the 77 limited direct by Pentax was last year October.
Not available in my country,cause out of production and nothing on stock anymore.
Best regards
04-20-2015, 03:10 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Japan and US are the last markets,in Europe it is not possible anymore to order the FA limiteds.
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
No dealer out of France can order these limited lenses,but extra for you,I will call Pentax Europe and Japan for order.
So far, I think I understand English. These two sentences (from monochrome and asahi man) are in contradiction.
The first sentence from monochrome means that Europe ran out of stock but not Japan and US, while Asahi Man assert that France only has some stock , and other parts of the world have no stock.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 04-20-2015 at 03:27 PM.
04-20-2015, 03:20 PM   #37
Veteran Member

So far, I think I understand English. These two sentences (from monochrome and asahi man) are in contradiction.
The first sentence from monochrome means that Europe ran out of stock but not Japan and US, while Asahi Man assert that France only has some stock , and other parts of the world have no stock.
There are still Limited lenses in warehouses and they are still being sold. Discontinued simply means that Ricoh is not making any more. It does't mean that Amazon Europe is out of stock. I almost bought a NEW Zeiss 85mm F/1.4 K-mount a few weeks ago. Zeiss has not made that lens for K-mount in 5 years, but there are still some in inventory that are brand new.

The FA Limited line has been DISCONTINUED. That doesn't mean there is no inventory to be sold. I'm sure we will continue to see new FA Limited lenses for sale over the next few years.

04-20-2015, 04:18 PM   #38
Veteran Member

It's funny how I'm yet to own one of these little jewels. I obsessed over the FA 43 ltd for a long time, but I was using zeiss and voigtlander lenses and didn't want to spent too much. When I got the money for the FA 31, the 18-35/f1.8 art came along and bewitched me. I hope I find some good prices on the Fa ltds in these months to come, I really want to own at least one of the amigos

Last edited by Stavri; 04-20-2015 at 04:48 PM.
04-20-2015, 04:44 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I made no statements in my post. I merely quoted asahi man. The part where I quoted asahi man is enclosed in quotation marks. I also linked to the post from the other Forum.

What the statement means is:
  1. The last batch run of FA Limiteds was completed in December, 2012. No more lenses were made after that.
  2. The USA distributor (Ricoh Imaging Americas) can still order lenses from factory warehouse inventory. The Japanese distributor (Ricoh Imagining Japan, Ltd.) can still order lenses from factory warehouse inventory. Ricoh Imaging Europe and its three regional distributorships (all owned by the parent company) are restricted to selling stock on hand.
  3. There are no plans to run another batch of the FA Limiteds in their current configuration.
  4. A redesign with new coatings and different features will be offered next year.
2015 is the year of the zoom. 2016 is the year of the prime.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-20-2015 at 04:57 PM.
04-20-2015, 04:51 PM - 2 Likes   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
I guess they are being re-made. So that's not too bad then.
They'll be different. One thing I'm sure will go is the aperture ring. That will be too bad because the aesthetic beauty of the lens is its retro polish.

I didn't have my FA77 on my camera this weekend but someone asked if I had a film camera--you have to love that!
04-20-2015, 06:20 PM   #41
Imp
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
One thing I'm sure will go is the aperture ring
noo!!! I need that for my timelapses!
04-20-2015, 06:30 PM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
noo!!! I need that for my timelapses!
Then you will need an older lens.
04-20-2015, 06:52 PM   #43
Veteran Member

They'll be different. One thing I'm sure will go is the aperture ring. That will be too bad because the aesthetic beauty of the lens is its retro polish.

I didn't have my FA77 on my camera this weekend but someone asked if I had a film camera--you have to love that!
You're probably right with the Limited losing their aperture ring.

I think I need to buy another set of the Limiteds for investment purposes, so I can fund future lenses.
04-21-2015, 04:53 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drypenn Quote
You're probably right with the Limited losing their aperture ring.

I think I need to buy another set of the Limiteds for investment purposes, so I can fund future lenses.
I hope not. Fuji and Sony have started to add the aperture ring back to lenses because of user feedback. Hopefully Ricoh is watching.

Will they have the new DC lens motors or will they stick with screw drive?
Will they keep the aperture ring?
Will they be weather sealed?
Will they keep them F/1.8?
04-21-2015, 05:01 AM   #45
Pentaxian

One thing I'm sure will go is the aperture ring. That will be too bad because the aesthetic beauty of the lens is its retro polish.
It's possible that it will go. Though not sure. and the 20-40 still has great looks and a retro finish even without the aperture ring.