Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2015, 05:30 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Genki Quote
Hi, I am from Era Film, and all my lens before was a metal lens with strong construction, but in these days, plastic is everywhere.
I know the quality of the glass is Excellent, maybe better than the old ones, but plastic all around, don't looks professional, looks a low budget gear instead a high price.
Interesting. The polycarbonate used in the * series lenses is exceptionally tough, thermally stable and maintains its satin sheen very well. I think they look *very* professional

05-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
I agree that looks real nice, but I still prefer the metal lens, like Voigtlander or Zeiss.
I don't know why Pentax did not made a 40mm with 1.4 in metal (Like Voigtlander). I know they have a 50mm 1.2 but a sky high price.
05-11-2015, 07:27 PM   #18
Veteran Member

The FA43 produces some lovely rendering under the right conditions. Hard to describe, but my family (depicted) are very good looking, but the lens makes them even better. (Not the photographer) You can see on this shot how critical the DOF is, as I probably could have done with another stop down when you see how fast the DOF fades off quickly.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
05-12-2015, 03:53 PM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
Beautiful Photo. I am starting to think about 43mm Limited. If I need to have two lens, One will be 55mm (Already have) and the other one without
any doubt 43mm.
Thanks for your Post and Beautiful Baby and Family.
Genki

05-13-2015, 04:19 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Beautiful Photo. I am starting to think about 43mm Limited. If I need to have two lens, One will be 55mm (Already have) and the other one without
any doubt 43mm.
Thanks for your Post and Beautiful Baby and Family.
Genki

Thank you. I am lucky to have such good subjects!
05-13-2015, 04:42 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Loved my old 43mm.

Probably more reliable because it doesn't have an SDM, but it is kinda noisy.
05-13-2015, 07:46 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeodial Quote
The FA43 produces some lovely rendering under the right conditions. Hard to describe, but my family (depicted) are very good looking, but the lens makes them even better. (Not the photographer) You can see on this shot how critical the DOF is, as I probably could have done with another stop down when you see how fast the DOF fades off quickly.
Be warned.....the 43 doesn't make me good looking.......pixie dust can only do so much!

05-13-2015, 07:49 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I agree that looks real nice, but I still prefer the metal lens, like Voigtlander or Zeiss.
I don't know why Pentax did not made a 40mm with 1.4 in metal (Like Voigtlander). I know they have a 50mm 1.2 but a sky high price.
The A 50/f1.2 should priced similarly as the VL 58/f1.4, provided one can find them on PK/A nowadays. For the longest time I thought the DA ltds were Voigtlanders, sold by Cosina to Pentax and housed in custom metal bodies..