Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Thinning the Manual 50mm herd....Otis cant decide on one

Decided to thin the 50mm manual lens herd out a bit.

Im Keeping the following for sure........................
S-M-C Takumar 50mm 1.4
Ricoh Rikenon XR 50mm 1.7
Pentax SMC-K 55mm 1.8 (Of Course)
Pentax SMC-A 50mm 1.7

Im getting rid of these two for sure....................
Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 (Non MC)
Pentax SMC-A 50mm 2.0

But the problems Im having is deciding to sell one of the two following...............
Ricoh Rikenon "P" 50mm 2.0 Rikoh Rikenon P 50mm F2 Lens Reviews - Ricoh Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
Ricoh Rikenon 50mm 2.0 (Standard version) Ricoh Rikenon 50mm f/2 Lens Reviews - Ricoh Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

The "P" version is the one most undecided on because its sharpness is quite impressive yet its overall rating a bit lower. The standard version is also quite good , but a bit easier choice as it is only a bit less highly rated sharpness wise , yet overall is rated above most lenses in the review section.......cant decide if I might kick myself later on the "P" and thinking just sell it , but then I cant decide ?......Im having Post Partum LBA stress. Anyone use some of these and have any input on my choices for the last two ?
I already sold a few lesser lenses but the last two are hard choices. I limited myself to (5) 50mm leses.....just getting too much and not really getting to know any of them intimately if you know what I mean. I have to decide between the last two which is staying and which is going. ?

I have shot plenty with all these lenses and still cant decide.

Otis decided which of two copies of the Pentax-F 35-70 for me to keep (whole other post). I looked at various posts and said which ever lens Otis was looking at was the one I keep....one lens was to right of computer and one to left....Otis popped up looking left so I kept that one ! Simple choice.....Thanks Otis !.....lol.
I tried Otis on these two lenses and watta ya know ?.....the little buggar was looking straight at me ! He couldn't decide either....lol.

BTW...if anyone is interested in the ones Im selling above.... just Pm me.....they are going to go reasonable priced very soon.

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 05-20-2015 at 11:06 AM.
05-20-2015, 12:37 PM - 1 Like   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would keep the Rikenon P over the other if the other is the non-XR version of the lens.

Steve
05-20-2015, 12:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I would keep the Rikenon P over the other if the other is the non-XR version of the lens.Steve
That's kind of the direction Im leaning. Yes , the other is just a standard Ricoh Rikenon with no designation. Thanks.