Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Hasn't anyone noticed the "purple fringing" on virtually all the pictures of the flowers? (Just kidding.) Congrats on the purchase!

06-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Its a very well behaved lens by the look of things. Clean, clear - nice bokeh when it wants, but lots of depth of field. Reminds me of the 31 in that way. If I didn't have the 31, these pictures would assure me there are other options! Thanks for posting all.
06-10-2008, 11:00 PM   #18

By the look of those pictures it seems a wonderful lens. It may sound stupid but the only thing I dont like about it is the fact of being a pancake.

Having a so small lens on the camera should make handling a bit difficult.. am I wrong?

Apart from that I think it will end up on my bag
06-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Congrats jsherman999 on your new lens! I recently got one myself and find it to be a perfect lens for family type snapshots. It works well for other types of shooting as well, I just have not had a chance to use it much there yet. I love the quality and feel of the lens. Fast focusing, sharp and great contrast. What more do you want in a lens!

QuoteOriginally posted by beaumont Quote
Hasn't anyone noticed the "purple fringing" on virtually all the pictures of the flowers? (Just kidding.) Congrats on the purchase!
I have found a few cases that purple fringing will pop up. It is pretty easy to predict when that will occur though, and the problem is not hard to avoid. ie don't shoot through tree branches at a gray sky wide open.

QuoteOriginally posted by cooldude14es Quote
By the look of those pictures it seems a wonderful lens. It may sound stupid but the only thing I dont like about it is the fact of being a pancake.

Having a so small lens on the camera should make handling a bit difficult.. am I wrong?

Apart from that I think it will end up on my bag
I don't find it hard to handle at all. In fact I like it quite a bit! Nice compact and light. Focus ring is nicely dampened for manual focusing. And a well designed hood to protect the lens. I don't mess around with the screw on cap though, I use a film canister lid. Snaps right on!

06-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #20
Inactive Account

wow! now i am having thoughts on getting the FA43 against the DA40!!!

which is better?
06-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #21
Veteran Member

You know, sometimes I wonder if I use this lens enough - I just did a search in my browser and found almost 3000 shots with this lens. I guess it's a keeper for me!! Here are some of them...

and lastly, to attest to the toughness of this lens... a self portrait!

to survive this, this lens has got to be tough as nails!!
06-15-2008, 11:48 PM   #22
Veteran Member

What i want to know is if you unscrewed the "lens cap" just to realize, the middle part is the lens cap and the rest is the hood i should leave on? ;P

I like the lens, it was my first fast AF lens i bought with the K20D, but now where i have the 16-50 so snuggly fitting in my small bag, if i get to within $200 of the 50-135/2.8 and i see no way out, it goes, as nice and unintimidating it is on the camera (with a large hooded lens i used to get looks of suspicion, now (even unshaven) i can get smiles and friendly waves, all due to the small lens (no, i'm serious))

http://www.zerorealm.org/bwlifeisgood.jpg

06-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #23
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was given my DA 40 for Bday just a month ago. Since then it lives on my camera, and I started carrying camera to work. I love the combination of portability, perfect IQ, fast AF and ....
I could go on, and on...
It's a great lens,
ENJOY