Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2015, 11:54 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So did we work out if older K bodies play nice with the A lenses? (in that as accurate as M and K's)

Thinking about it.. When the K1000se came out, they were released with A 50mm lenses...

05-25-2015, 04:38 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
So did we work out if older K bodies play nice with the A lenses? (in that as accurate as M and K's)

Thinking about it.. When the K1000se came out, they were released with A 50mm lenses...
Yes they play nice I responded to this point in my first post.

The issues of metering are related to the focusing screens and meter housings on Pentax DSLRs not anything else. The A series lenses still have the aperture coupling to permit open aperture metering like the K and M series lenses, and as I said earlier, the aperture activation lever is used as a switch, open stopped down, so no issue there either
05-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Yes but as we all know the aperture levers are measured differently from the A and the M lenses? Or maybe this is the source of confusion.

I think we all thought the ratio of the movement from the A lever and the M lever was different, therefore how could the M and K bodies know how to compensate for the A lever.
05-25-2015, 04:41 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
Yes but as we all know the aperture levers are measured differently from the A and the M lenses? Or maybe this is the source of confusion.

I think we all thought the ratio of the movement from the A lever and the M lever was different, therefore how could the M and K bodies know how to compensate for the A lever.
But since the K&M bodies stop down by letting the aperture lever go completely to the point where the aperture stop in the lens limits the stopping down, there is no issue. Same with A series bodies with M lenses. In AV mode, setting the aperture manually the camera leve works like a switch. It lets the lens stop down to the lent's limit. The body stays out of the way

05-26-2015, 01:20 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I thought the ratio,well the distance between f stops was different on M and A lenses however, hence why we cant reverse engineer M lenses to act as A lenses in modern bodies.?
05-26-2015, 01:59 AM   #21
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Some of the K10Ds actually had a unlevel horizon
I always blamed the whisky... unfairly perhaps after all.